
2. Hot cookies. Every time I have lobby duty in Elam,
I love baking cookies and offering them to vulnerable-bellied
college students. They love it and it makes lobby duty less dreadful.
3. Skype. As of recent, this has been SO cool. I have been able to
video chat with my Alabama loves at their new colleges. There's
something better about face-to-face then on the phone (I don't do well on a phone) I hope one day I can use it to catch up with more people! Download it for free: Skype!
4. Disciplines of Christian Living. My bible class this semester is "Disciplines of Christian Living" with Dr. Walter Surdocki. He is a former youth minister with a from California. Since the very first day, I knew that God brought him here for powerful work. It is exactly what a Lipscomb bible class should be. Whether one wants to or not, these disciplines have to be practiced (Which is so cool cause being disciplined encourages so much growth into a deeper relationship with the Father). I would recommend it to everyone, no matter your current spiritual walk. (I am sure this topic will be revisited in future blogs)
5. Jackson. The first great-grandchild is born on the Barker side!

Jackson Vaughn Ortner was born on August 26th weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz. He is beautiful.
There were some complications but God has blessed my cousin, Brittany, and her husband, Brian, with a healthy and sweet baby boy.
6. Copper Kettle. It is a small meat-n-three family owned place across the street from Lipscomb. It is wonderful. Their vegetables are so yummy, and on Wednesdays, they have coconut chicken.
7. "SUPRIZE!!!" A few weekends ago, I got to
"SUPRIZE!!! "everyone in Birmingham. It was hilarious and it was SO good to see them. That weekend was full of so much LOVE!
8. Sanctuary. Thursdays are my favorite. They are usually

full of joy-- because of the excitement for worship. It is passionate worship for and led by college students. The only purpose for each night is to unite in God and His Spirit by worshipping Him. There is no speaker/lesson, just purely worship. Its beautiful and it energizes me through the week. If you are curious, come visit or check out last Spring's Recording! Sanctuary Live
9. Friendship. This is a beautiful concept, God blesses each one of us with the ability to have amazing ones. This semester God has really been at work and thank you.
10. "Mirror Image". Miranda and I FINALLY found this video. We die laughing every time. Hope you enjoy this, or maybe we just have a immature sense of humor...at least we make each other laugh, daily! SNL:Mirror Image
con amor de Dios--Lib
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Post a Comment