I am back at LU and just finished Resident Assistant Training Week. Seeing I was still suffering from this awful disease called, "Birmingham Miss-age" (I wish this disease on no one), I was not prepared for the exhausting yet necessary week ahead. We had early mornings and late late nights... all to prepare for our girls to move in this weekend and next weekend. Despite all the drastic changes we are working around, (i.e. New Head Resident, Change in traditional Curfew, etc.), life around Lipscomb and Elam Hall is good!
here are some faves this week:
1. Michael Phelps: that should say it all. Pure domination. For the first time, I have been
so pumped about supporting team USA in the Olympics...because of this half man/half dolphin. (Some of us truly think he is uniting our country) You are wondering how serious we are? --Elam's theme is Olympics: Team Elam Hall and Phelps is our official mascot. yep, We are so proud :)








so pumped about supporting team USA in the Olympics...because of this half man/half dolphin. (Some of us truly think he is uniting our country) You are wondering how serious we are? --Elam's theme is Olympics: Team Elam Hall and Phelps is our official mascot. yep, We are so proud :)
2. My Room: After a crazy week, I am finally getting settled in my
room and it is glorious. It is so nice to have a place that you can retreat to... i love it.
3. Photography: I have always loved it. It is so great to capture moments or adventures that you would LOVE to remember. This week I have been able to print out a lot of new-ish pictures to put in my room and photographs never cease to tug a my ol' heart. Whether its a spontaneous burst of laughter or an overwhelming feeling of "missage", I love to
look at them over and over again! ( I started this blog on Friday night... and on Sunday afternoon I got asked to take some photos for LU's Tau Phi Cowboy Show. It was great to help them out and it was so fun! ) So, I am going to start nurturing this passion, if you are interested, let me know!
4. Wade Barker: My brother is the coolest. I have loved watching him grow this summer in
so many ways, most importantly spiritually. You should really meet him... I love him.
5. "The Hall of Encouragement" is the theme for my hall this year. I am so excited about moving in my 30 girls...
and spending my whole year encouraging them. I have prayed for them even before I knew their names... I am sure I will write about them on future blogs! :)
6. The Lake. ok. It's official- I love the lake and everything about it. It is the most peaceful feeling to be out on a body of water on a beautiful day, letting the wind blow through my hair, swimming in that murky water, fishing with my Dad and my brother.

I would rather spend a few days on the lake then the beach-- really i would. Tomorrow I am going with April and her family, it is going to be glorious.
7. Acupuncture This week has been so stressful and exhausting... I needed a rejuvenation so I ran to Dr. Lee's. Twenty minutes and thirty needles later... I am feeling SO much better. You should try it... it encourages your body to holistically heal itself. It has proven effective with more than 20 people I know (for Allergies, Asthma, Acne, Addictions, Pain, etc)
8. Car Window Art Before I came back to TN, Erin Lizzie and Holden "surprized" me with wonderful car decorations. Of course, I was stuck in 2 hours of Birmingham traffic and
EVERYONE in the city of Birmingham loved the Car Mural... thank you, loves.
9. Baja Burrito especially fish tacos and pineapple salsa... yummy. That is definitely one thing I missed about LU.
10. My hair. not in a conceited way, but my whole life I have thought that i needed to dry my hair straight by exhaustingly rolling a round brush through it. Alas, my new hair cutter woman just lets me dry it freely then run a flat iron through it... i didn't know that my "lion's mane" could be so tame. So drying my hair straight now takes me HALF the time! I love it...
(i know thats a small favorite, but it is kinda big deal :)
go with God-Lib
"All I know is that You gave everything, So let that be enough."-Matt Wertz
Post a Comment