Wednesday, March 7, 2012

God is our ONLY Constant!

This morning, I had the opportunity to be in the Senior girls bible class at Ezell! My dear friend, Diane Griffin, teaches it and she truly pours her heart into making this class best for the girls. She asked me a few weeks ago to come in a give a "younger" perspective on life.  I had done this last year... so I guess I did well enough be asked back?!  Hey, that's always a good sign!
Just like last year... we didnt really have a "lesson" in mind. We allowed the girls to use this time as a forum and ask questions about... well, just about anything! And boy was that the truth! The first question was..."What is public school like?" I thought... hmm... I liked it?! I dont really know how to answer that!" ( oh no, this is going to be tough!) 

**By far, the funniest moment of the morning... I was talking about dating, picking the right mate, etc, etc. I emphasized how important it was to have a "list" of qualities in a man you want! The man is sizing you up, why not do the same? AND the list will keep you from willy, nilly deciding your future!  

I mentioned you could even put shallow things on there... one of mine was that I wished my future husband would be a College Football fan  (do you see what I did there? I didnt limit it to Alabama Football! I just knew I needed my husband to understand the importance of Saturdays in the fall. You know? I didnt think that was too much to ask, growing up in the South!) 

...anyways, back to the funny story... I also mentioned I had "a man that will protect me" on the list!  It is kind of hard to explain... but I wanted to know that if we were walking down a sketchy street that I DIDN'T HAVE to be the one to beat the daylights out of someone if we were in trouble. You know that I mean?  Seeing as I was using a lighthearted example,  the girls chuckled...  and one girl says, "Yeah! That makes sense, but you totally look like you could take 'em!" 

BAHAHA! Really? Do I exude this kickin' butt chick? 

Have to admit, that made my day! I loved it... made me feel powerful! But for now,  we will keep the street butt-kickin to Kyle. (Unless I need to save him! you know!? :)

 That really did open up the floor to become raw and real with these girls.... ( so thanks girl for making me feel a little extra "Miranda Lambert" today!) ... exposing all the funny parts in life.... and all the struggles and changes they will face.  

The Common Theme? God is our only constant! 
 NEWS FLASH: It will never be better ONCE you get a boyfriend, or ONCE you get to college, or ONCE you get a job.... actually, things seem to get tougher!  They have big steps and big changes to make in the next few months... I get that. But I assured them... That God will provide, He will keep His promises to His daughter! Trust him with that.

As the questions bounced around and time was running out, I could see God was using my words and life experiences in some pretty cool ways.  At that moment, I thought, "I bet when I was in high school, I would have loved to ask these questions! I would have loved to talk to someone openly about college, parents, dating, friends, etc."  So today, I hope I at least inspired 1 girl to believe in herself and the talents, strengths and love God gives her!

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...