I'm so ready.
I'm ready to begin a new. I love journaling and blogging because you can look back to the oldest entry in awe or laughter or thankfulness. As I closed my personal journal from 2008, I spent some time recording meaningful events or opportunities God placed before me. For example,
- Found Him, when I was desperate
- Honored to be a Elam Resident Assistant
- traveled to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota
- embarked on my favorite summer ever... moved to Birmingham to work as a Youth Intern at Homewood Church of Christ
- established long-lasting relationships that are truly God-centered
- my photography passion was introduced and encouraged
- The University of Alabama's football team showed signs of a legacy. It was SO fun
- Lanie's last year as a student! She graduates May 2009
- began my first semester of business classes
- "Disciplines of Christian Living" with Walter Surdacki. I would argue that this class is the best at Lipscomb. It encourages you to APPLY your faith and not just practice "rote memorization" about a certain book. The integration of journaling, small groups, and exerpts of text will make me miss this class SO much. If you take ONE class at Lipscomb, it better be this one.
- My awesome Aunt Carol was a warrior aganist cancer
- Jackson Ortner was welcomed into the world by my cousin, Brittany, and her husband Brian. Although there were complications, he is still such a blessing to this family.
- My mentor and life-long encouragement, Anita Gamble, passed away. When I heard the news of her declining sickness, the immediate water works affirmed her monumental role in my life. Although it was a time for grief and tears, God took control. It will forever be one of the greatest blessings in my life.
- Had spiritual highs and lows...
...but I wouldn't change a thing. I look back in thankfulness in the way God has prepared my heart and my life for something great. Although selfishly I suffered... "Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world." (1 Peter 4:13)
... but there is something energizing about starting fresh. Seeing the glorious opportunity for God to paint the most beautiful 2009 ever.
"Greater things have yet to come, greater things are still to be done...There is no one like our God"
Post a Comment