Friday, January 9, 2009

Heart songs.

Music, oh how it comforts me, "fires" me up, and praises my God.   I mean, I sound just like Martina McBride in the shower, Celine in my car, and Hillsongs' Cristy Nockels... everywhere (Okay, I will admit. It's a slight exageration).  But today, I am thankful for the beautiful ability to listen to music and belt out anything that comes on shuffle.  I encourage you to do the same today.  Just try it, as you are waking up, driving in your car, SING, at the top of your lungs cause thats what we were made to do. 
While I was packing up in Birmingham, I listened to Louie Giglio's, Passion Podcast.  He listed off all the great things God has done with the Passion World Tour.  He said, "I want us to praise God together right now, wherever we are.. all over this planet, I want us to say Thank you God. You are a great and awesome God. Let's celebrate him."  Then, the Podcast paused to play David Crowder's "No One Like You." I couldn't help it, my lips were made to glorify him... I worshipped, along with however many podcast listeners there are, like never before- alone in my Birmingham room, raised hands, and giving thanks... even sweating a little bit.   I want to embrace that moment. I want to "Sing, Sing, Sing and make music with the heavens.  Sing, Sing, Sing, [I'm] grateful that you hear [me]" (Chris Tomlin- Sing,Sing,Sing). 
Times when music leads my heart to pure worship has to be my all-time favorite way to bring glory to His name.  I pray I can live a life of worship.  One that is contagious, I want to get everyone I know, sick.... in His name.  goal for 2009? sure... but a goal for my heart, for eternity. 

myTunes "Heart"songs from 2008...
(it's hard to narrow this list to 10) 
10.  Yearn- Shane and Shane
 "Lord I want to yearn for You, I want to burn with passion over You and only You. Lord, I want to yearn."
9.  I Need Words- David Crowder Band
" I need a language large as this longing inside.  And i need a voice, bigger than mine. And I need a song to sing You, that I've yet to find. I need you... to be here now."
8.  In Christ Alone
"In Christ alone, my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song... Til He returns or calls me home, Here is the power of Christ, I'll Stand."
7.  Sing, Sing, Sing- Chris Tomlin
"You are the one we're living for... We will sing, sing, sing and make music with the heavens. We will sing, sing, sing... we're grateful that you hear us. When we shout your praise, lift high the name of Jesus."
6.  You Deserve- Hillsong
 "I step aside give You my life. For you to move, and do what You want to do. You've shown me life, you've opened my eyes, to the truth that there's no greater love... I can't imagine life without you. Cause it's all for you."
5. In Better Hands- Natalie Grant
"So take this heart of mine there's no doubt, I'm in better hands now." thanks Caroline :)
4. Came to My Rescue- David Crowder Band
"Falling on my knees in worship, giving all I am to seek your face. Lord all I am is yours... In my life, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high.  In our love, be lifted high."
3. 'Til I See You- Hillsongs United
"and til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home, I'll trust in You. I will live to love You. I will live to bring You praise. I will live a child in awe of You."
2. Hosanna- Hillsongs United
"Break my heart for what breaks yours. Everything I am for your kingdoms cause, As i go from nothing to eternity... Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest." 
1. With Everything- Hillsong
"With everything, with everything, we will shout for Your glory... Our hearts they cry, be glorified. Be lifted high above all names. For You our King, with everything, we will shout forth Your praise. WHOA... Whoa" <- my favorite part of this song, it's your heart crying out. 

Honorable Mention: God of this City- Chris Tomlin, Reign in Us- Starfield, How He Loves- Eddie Kirkland, To Know Your Name- Hillsong, Beautiful Collision/Everything Glorious/You are My Joy- David Crowder Band, Mystery- Charlie Hall and so many more, ok...i'll stop. :)

I encourage you to go to iTunes or google and type these in. okay, maybe just one... but find one that speaks to you today, download it or watch it on YouTube (Hey, you know what... anyone who would like a CD, I'll burn one and mail it). This list is not to say, look what God has done in MY heart.  But a list of what I pray for your heart sing in 2009. 

hope you feel His love today... sing, sing, sing. 

Post a Comment

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Libby!! I don't know if you remember me but Lanie Jones is my aunt:) I was on one of my friend's blogs and was just clicking away moving from blog to blog and then I ran across yours!! Such a small "blogging" world:) It sounds like you are doing so great!!

Kelli Kegley said...

I love your heart songs. I have been wanting to download some more songs for my iPod. I find my day SO much better when I can get in my car and worship the Lord (at the top of my lungs, I might add:) ) Thank you for this list!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...