Monday, December 13, 2010

amidst the madness

1. It snowed here yesterday! OH 2-3 inches worth, aka a Southern-er's kinda snow! Its funny when my sweet Northern friend/roommate loves to see me freak out/shut down at the sign of flurries! Haha. I cant help it. It was just that gorgeous glittery blanket of snow that makes you want to stay in sweats and start a fire! The snow blizzard of a Sunday was beautiful... except for the whole "drive into school on Monday" part!

2. Speaking of school, I sure do miss the ol' days when the TV would post the school closings OR when trsuty Lipscomb would send you a text message!  Pretty sure TSU did the absolute worst possible job they could've in letting the students know... anything!

3. But I still had 3 finals today. yes, you heard me 3.
Who, in the Sam hill, decided that was a good idea? If I find out who created that finals schedule, he or she better just beware of my white girl rage that might ensue... its pretty scary, just saying.

4. this weekend, Kyle and I went had date night to Maggianos!   the crappy, rainy weather didnt stop us... The food was absolutely incredible. Im pretty sure we did not engage in conversation while the food was on the table. It was that intoxicating.  OH OH and... they have a special promotion (which Im pretty sure its staying for a while cause it is typed out in their menu) but if you order a Classic Pasta dish, you can take any Classic Pasta dish home compliments of the chef. So, we got 4 meals... for the price of two! 2 nights of dinner, Maggianos style, amen.. dig in!

5. Today, my baby brother got truly initiated into the Barker family...He had his first knee pain, his first appointment with Dr. Thomas and his first feeling of "uh oh, what does that mean doc?"  Dont worry, he is still our healthy, handsome stud muffin... but unfortunately, The Barker's have knee problems, plain and simple, its who we are.  Once asked if we, as a family, could get Buy 3-Get 1 free ACL repair surgery... or at least a frequent customer discount!  so, keep Wade-ly in your prayers... just dont let it be anything worse than just some inflamed cartilage. he got a cortisone shot right in the knee, yep... right in it. and Wade wonders why I cringe like a baby at the sight of a needle... UM, try getting two right in the knee that feel like fire and see if you're still needle friendly!

6. Oh Im gonna be a Aunt!!! Have I mentioned that? Probably not enough today... but let me tell you, once I find out the gender, I am done for. My bank account will for sure be taking a hit aaaaand GAP will be to blame. 
a "mini" monster like Monsters, Inc?
Of course, I am sold. 
Bright colored polar fleece onezie?
yes, pah-lease. 
a baby giraffe!? Ashley, you can get this one for my nephew/niece!

how adorable is this?
if you know me at all, you know that this little bear outfit just made my whole body melt into the floor underneath my computer. the ears, the fuzziness, the chocolate color, the whittle paws on da bottom of da feetsies... dadgum. GAP you speak right to my AUNT heart more than you ever have before... gracias. 

on that heart-wrenching note, good night! sleep tight...
 Im off to dream about that sweet baby my sister will be bringing into this world. I am so lucky!

Post a Comment

1 comments:

Lanie said...

So... after our conversation last night, I had no idea that a blog would be in the future. ;) I very much wish we had a Maggiano's here, sounds DELISH right about now. Loved the outfit selections. Definitely cute and very snuggly. Can't wait to have a snuggle bunny to put in them!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...