I promise I am alive!
I know I have left all of you high and dry for...
well... almost a month... and I am so sorry!!
My life revved up to150mph and I just honestly could not catch up... much less blog about it...
But I bet you're wondering... hmm, Libby what made your life so crazy?
welp. I got a big girl job.
Yep, a regular ol' 830-530 job...
and guess what? I am loving it!
That's right, this girl is the newest employee of Corky Cross' State Farm Agency in Mt. Juliet!
oh... and as of today, I am officially licensed! ;)
I know this may seem random cause I havent talked about looking for jobs... and crazy enough, I wasnt! One day, I got a call from his CSR saying Corky wanted to set up an interview. I was like, "um, yeah... let me check my schedule..." Then I frantically went searching for WHAT I had applied for... and I couldnt find it anywhere! Turns out he just grabbed my resume from CareerBuilder... and thats how all this started! interview--> to training class--> to starting in the office --> to getting my property & causality license... Bonkers.
I love the small town feel... I love the people in the office... I love being able to assure customers they will be taken care of... It is just been a blessing so far. I know there will be good days and bad... but I love that I feel comfortable to be myself here.
I sure am hitting the ground running... it is a day full... but I am loving it! Stop by anytime! I would LOVE to see some familiar faces.
Things that have happened since we have talked ( I mean, blogged) last!
- Wadely is in Honduras with Lanie & Bret's church in Bham (Homewood)! You can watch their nightly devos here ! They are usually around 930pm. He is staying in the Villa Gracias house that our family has stayed before. Keeping him in my prayers daily... I know God is going to shine out every pore of his body. Man, what a good kid.
- SADIE TURNED! As of last week, Sadie is... lack of a better phrase... ready to go! Before that, she was sitting straight up, loving on her mama which led to scheduling a C-section. But NOW we are just playing the waiting game! Now, she could come anytime... crazy. Lanie is feeling amazing! Last night in my prayers, I told God how thankful I was that Lanie's 1st pregnancy wasnt 9mo of misery... for so many reasons, but mainly cause that means my chances of being an AUNT OF 2,3,4,5,6 are higher!! whoop, whoo! I really am so excited to meet that baby girl. I think about it every day.
- We did get to go to the Franklin Rodeo! It was so much fun. Of course, I was in cowboy heaven so you couldnt knock me down with a sledgehammer... the only thing better would have been if I was one of those babes on a horse trotting around the arena and George Strait was behind me in the saddle. Again, I remind you... a girl can dream cant she?
We got a whole crew to come! Even my "northerner" roomie Ashley! She was... in utter shock... of it all. But she took it like a champ! I couldn't tell if it was the northerner or the nurse in her that shrieked the most... she couldnt believe people do this as a sport. I agree, these guys are crazy... but they are still cowboys in wranglers, cough cough.
speaking of cowboys.. here's mine! ...mm... so handsome... even in that hat.
- We found out that Rachel & Brent (Kyle's brother and sister-in-law) are having a baby boy!! Rachel hosted the cutest "gender revealing party" and invited tons of friends and family. It was so much fun. Cant wait to one day take photos of Baby ROWAN! (insert Libby's fingers crossing tightly)
- The Annual Wade Family Reunion is this weekend! This is my Momo's side...We really do love to ALL get together, eat delicious food, play horsehoes and sing on the front porch of the house my Momo was raised in. I couldnt go last year because I was shooting a wedding so I am so thankful that I dont have one scheduled this special day! We will surely miss Lanie, B & Sadie-bug! but... lets be honest, pOdunk Mississippi in 97 degree weather isnt the most ideal place to go into labor! haha.
... um... well, I guess thats all... for now. I hope to not take another sabbatical like I just did... I apologize. Have a great Wednesday tomorrow! And remember... stop by the State Farm office anytime! I would LOVE visitors ;)
night night...
yes, I am going to bed... and after 23yrs of NO specific bedtime, I now have unwillingly surrendered to the gruesome ritual. blachhhhh...






Post a Comment