Friday, July 23, 2010

shameless essentials

Shameless Essentials: My Summer Favorites

1. Tide Febreeze Sport: you know you're growing up when the smell of clean laundry makes your day. I am NEVER to care about the brand or specific kind of a product! Especially after living in a dorm
for 3 years, when it didnt even matter if you put soap or dryer sheet in the machine... your clothes always had this cheap burnt dryer smell... gag.

I usually just get whatever is on sale... not now. This Tide Febreeze Sport was on sale a month ago... tried it... fell in love. I have NEVER had my clothes cling to the freshly washed smell as long... oh it is just soooo goooOOoodd...ahhhh.... It makes me WANT to do laundry! Imagine that, Mom!

2. Watermelon. If you know me, you know this is my oxygen. I can devour a whole watermelon on my own... dont believe me? I would LOVE to demonstrate.
As I searched for this photo, i found some quite enlightening and encouraging statistics on the nutrition facts of watermelon...
  • Watermelon consumption increases free arginine and citrulline, which can help maintain cardiovascular function and maintain the arteries
  • Eating watermelon can help maintain cardiovascular health.
  • Watermelon amino acids citrulline and arginine can help maintain blood flow and heart health.
  • A 2-cup serving of watermelon is an excellent source of Vitamins A, B6 and C (Ugh oh, should I be concerned if my serving size is more like 22 cups? Joking... but seriously...what should I do? )
3. The Lady Antebellum 'Need You Now' Album. If you DO NOT have this... you are missing out. I dont even feel sorry for you... you deserve the World's Biggest Goober Award.. thats just sad. Its the perfect album... wanna know how I know? Cause I can let it play all the way through and never skip a song. I mean, it is playing while I write this... its an addiction i do not want help recovering from... If you can listen to "when you got a good thing" and not be smitten, you are made of ice.
4. The Pioneer Woman. I didnt realize what I was missing until
this summer... This woman is such a inspiring wife, mother, cook,photographer and blogger. I cant get enough... I read her blog,follow her on twitter, buy her cook book, look through her photos... call me creepy, I dont mind... Have time to read? Check out the Black Heels to Tractor Wheels Love Story. just warning you, it will melt your heart.

5. Target = dangerous. I really should set a limit on how many times I step in there. Maybe i'll do that... next week! These sandals havent left my feet. they match everything and arent annoying like flip flops.
(side note: flip flops are the worst. All of the pressure is in the string in between your toes, they make an obvious annoying clacky sound and any nicer pair i've had are super uncomfortable by the end of the day) If you like the ol' flipflop, good for you! but as for me and my feet, Ill stick with these sandals...or my chacos. umm.. love those guys too.

well, The whole Barker clan (minus 2 important members) is off to church camp this Sunday! I am excited about being a part of the greatest week of the year... just kinda snuck up on me, you know? the whole packing task, knowing im going to lose some sleep, taking a break from the ol' Blackberry and the chance of it being a bajillion degrees... but gotta remind myself, those are also the best parts! dont worry, there will be a post-camp update!

Praying for strength, endurance, conviction, patience and passion today for the 100 campers and over 50 full-time staff!
"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock." Matt 7:24

Post a Comment

2 comments:

shon shon shonda said...

those sandals are adorable!! church camp is going to be exciting and yes it is going to be hot!!! kaleb is also looking forward to the best week of his summer!!

Jessica said...

You are the coolest.
...plus I am in love with 4/5 things on this list as well. (I'll have to sniff that Tide sometime.) Including the exact same sandals. Get out of my brain.
I love you!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...