Thursday, August 19, 2010

KY Wedding Weekend

Rachel & Jason Mackey!
My first cousin and college roommate Rachel got married! On Aug 14, in Paducah, KY at her parent's home... with every detail just breath-takingly perfect. The ceremony: behind their barn, in church pews, with the back field/pond in view the reception: on their back deck! Yeah, it was every bit of a dream come true day!
(Thanks to Hannah Elaine Photography for the great photos!)
some of the memorable details that I can recall after a week:
- They wrote their own vows... so powerful and personal.
- the Food... deliciousness! As the bridal party was snacking, a guest came by and said, "it might be the best reception I have had all wedding season!" It really was sooo good! I didnt even know the names of more than half of the things I ate... but I can sure remember one... Cheesecake balls on a stick. need i say more?
- our J.Crew bridesmaid dresses. yep, they are just as great as you can imagine... they were spiced wine color, cotton, comfortable, and had pockets! Rachel, thank you x 100. I will absolutely wear it again, im not even telling a white lie.
- the band! They did such a great job... everyone loved it! the barkers especially... only a photo can do our enjoyment justice
- My brother-in-law Bret performed the ceremony! I respect, love and adore him more everyday .... he serves God, his wife, our family, the Homewood church and everyone so beautifully... his passion and faithfulness is contagious. thank you B!
- It had been absolutely scorching hot. I mean, I just stepped outside and started to sweat (I know its gross... but I cant help it!) In the afternoon, the sky looked just nasty... it even sprinkled. and then at ceremony time, the clouds rolled in almost kinda looked like it was going to storm but instead it brought overcast clouds and cool for the rest of the night. unbelievable.
- my favorite part? some of my absolute favorite people in one place.
my immediate family: When we are together, it is such a dream. With Lanie and B in Alabama, we dont get to get together as much as we would wish... but it makes us cherish the times we do. I love us.
- My extended family... the Wade's! It is always so special to see them
- friends from Lipscomb
- and Kyle, the boy :)
(see below: the 1st photo. couldve been super stereotypical, potentially awkward and never published...but look how handsome he is! totally nailed it, shouldve known. )

The weekend turned out even better than we could've ever imagined! Thank you Rachel and Jason for letting be a part of your special day! I am so thankful for both of you in my life and I cannot wait to see how God blesses and delights in your marriage. Love ya'll.

(just some more favorites)

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...