Monday, June 28, 2010

The House that Built Me.

"You leave home, you move on and
you do the best you can.
I got lost in this whole world
and forgot who I am...
I thought if I could touch this
place or feel it
this brokenness inside me
might start healing.
Out here its like i'm someone else,
I thought that maybe I could
find myself.
If I could walk around
I swear i'll leave.
Won't take nothing but a memory
from the house that built me."
This is my home, this is it. As much as I believe a photo can capture details... a photo doesn't describe my home to me. You would need to throw all my family in the front, with some hilarious stories, a handful of butt whoop-ins, and a Saturday morning breakfast feast with game my Dad and Brother brought home for us...
I cannot thank my parents enough for the stability and love in this place. Im afraid I sometimes take it all for granted. The world can run 100mph and for the most part, I can keep up like a champ! I can adjust to city life, traffic, and drama as if I fit in... but the second I step back onto this property, I reminded "I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am".

My Home: small town. simple. family that are my best friends. damp grass between my toes. full of photos from over the years. peaceful. laid-back. spontaneous. spacious. open roads. bluegrass/country music. bubble baths. late nights. windows down jammin. bird watching. the lake. trust. cOMfort (lanie might be the only one to get that). unconditional love.

I hope to build that in a future home... until then, you better believe I go back to mine like a moth to a flame!

Post a Comment

3 comments:

Lanie said...

Great blog entry! Maybe my favorite one yet. Or this week's favorite, I guess. :) You forgot the stars! That's one thing I miss most. Cause it never gets that dark anywhere around here. I loved laying on the driveway as a kid just knowing that was our spot of land on this whole big thing called Earth. "It may not sound like much... but it's where I'M FROM." Fortunately, it's where you're from, too. I am glad we share almost all memories in case one of us ever forgets.

Lanie said...

Oh, and don't get too patiquley cOMfortable on your pilla this week cause I'll be coming down Concerd Rd to getcha so fast you might just tump over.

Jessica said...

I was just thinking about my home tonight...and how I didn't really fall in love with it till I left! And of course I am always daydreaming about having my own someday.

p.s. we have the same blog background. I really think we may have been separated at birth or something! Love you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...