Tuesday, June 8, 2010

sweet summertime

lets start off with... I cannot get enough of this summer! Ill explain.

Initially, I think my middle-school-peer-pressure-susceptible self wanted to mope about my current situation because, lets be honest... Thats what we are supposed to do. We are to gripe and complain about how our life is going no where and i need pity. oh oh... Not this girl!

Dont worry, I still have work ethic and a plan (which Im sure God is going to rock anyway). I contracted out 5 weddings to photograph this summer, as well as other photo sessions! I think because my "job" is so unconventional... led me to feel like I wasnt "following a plan". Once I realized I had to miss 2 friend's wedding because I had to shoot a wedding, I knew this wasnt just a hobby. OH and, the fact is... I dont start graduate school until 2011 because I have to take 20ish hours of undergrad pre-reqs.
[sidenote: Dear Lipscomb University/Dr. Randy Lowry, Instead of eliminating curfew to increase enrollment, maybe just get more degree programs? I mean, if Harding has Speech Pathology...ehhhh.... I think you get the point. Sincerely, Not-bitter-at-all Alumni]

why I love this summer:
  • I am hopeful that God has already healed some long awaited pain/confusion in my heart! I feel a peace and comfort like never before... and because of that, I feel like myself, fully (cant remember the last time I have!)
  • I drive with my windows down, i dont care it if messes up my hair. As many dont need an introduction, I rock a "summer bun" at least 5 days of the week.
  • Im constantly curious for new photo inspiration! When I drive, I make a list of all the places I pass that I would one day like to bring a client. When Im shopping, I look for unique props. When Im on my computer, I follow some amazing photographers (especially local ones) that continue to blow my mind. That alone encourages me to be better, everyday.
  • My skin is soaking up the sun like never before. oh, who said a little Vitamin D couldnt do the trick? Man, it was such a great day when i discovered that I can get a tan with sunscreen, instead of a burn without it!
  • Im all about handmade. I've made magnets out of old magazine images, collected antiques from the depths of my Pa-pa's sawmill, photos albums, canvas... as I sit here, I already thought of something else I want to try.
  • My family is the definition of unconditional love. I havent been the easiest member to grow up in this crew.... but they always affirm me that I fit perfect just like I am. Could never thank you enough.
  • Change. Well, Im graduated... Thats enough change right there... Im starting to be more entrepreneurial, I rearranged my room to have more office space [future wish: to have a studio + office NOT in my bedroom] I feel more comfortable entering awkward, friends-group mixing experiences, and I set aside time to read! (now dont judge me if the first thing I pick up is a RealSimple Magazine, they really got some great articles!)
  • Glee. As I write this, im only 1hour post season finale. I dont know my true feelings, maybe cause Im kinda a mush... but man, how does this show keep melting my heart.
  • God's timing. It is so perfect.
Since I just blogged more than all my posts combined, I will call it a night. May the Joy of the LORD be your strength today, tomorrow, in confusion, in happiness, in stress, and in change!

Post a Comment

1 comments:

Danny Gammon said...

I adore your outlook on life. God just has a way of taking us regardless of where we are in this silly world and gently direct us to where he wants us to be. All we have to do is be will to be led instead of trying to lead. He will do the rest. I hope that God continues to reveal himself to you and bless your life like you have blessed our family.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...