Thursday, November 11, 2010

the CMA Awards

The 44th Annual CMA Awards were last night, usually I would watch the re-run on CMT but I drove out to my parents to "babysit" Wade... the 16yr old! ha! we cranked up the surround sound and soaked up one of our favorite things to share together... the love of country music! Mainly, Im posting this to share with my sister cause she is the one that loves award shows... just wish I could have watched it beside her too! but sidenote: She is on her way to TN for the weekend, right now! can you tell Im excited?
Anyways, this post is going to be far from glorious! Just a bunch of thoughts all piled together... granted, Ill probably forget something... disregard the look of this post, I dont want to waste time making it perfect... Just wanted to post my favorite parts of the night!

1. The Hosts: Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley... perfect combination. Wade loved him some Carrie and I was throughly enjoying Brad's comedy!







2. Lady Antebellum: My favorite group! They won Single of the Year and Vocal Group of the Year. Totally deserving... man, I still wish I was her.





3. dear Luke Bryan, you are the closest thing to competing
with George Strait for my heart than anyone. you are breath takingly handsome... I cant decide what it is really but I think it might be the super hotness with that irresistible country-boy smolder. thats lethally dangerous







4. Country's Power Couple, Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert racked up
with awards... Good for them! to quote Brad Paisley "With the way things are going with Blake and Miranda, we can be expecting a baby in about 9months"





5. The King. George, the most winningest CMA musician in history,
performed "Breath You Take"... completely killed it. Did anyone else see him get all choked up? That was my 1st tear up of the night! That man just gets me.









6. Favorite Dress of the night, maybe?












7. The Band Perry, good to see them get to be a part!











8. Sara Evans & Jay Barker... what a gorgeous couple. I loved seeing Sara back into the country music world... missed her.










9. Brad Paisley's Entertainer of the Year Acceptance Speech was adorable... got me all teary eyed-- round 5,000. ( I cant help it, I get all hyped up and emotional with excitement too!) He quoted Little Jimmy Dickens saying, "If you see a turtle of a fence post, he had help getting there" what a guy!


10. just a fun little bullet point... so Brad says, "oh we forgot to congratulate Carrie on her 4 month [wedding] anniversary" Guess whose 4 month dating anniversary was yesterday as well? I mean, I couldnt make this stuff up!






Lady A: Hello World. just beautiful... you know I love them.

-This performance below rocked my heart like none other of the night! I have listened to the song 20 times since last night... a little much? maybe... but I have come to love Jason Aldeans music, then he teamed with Kelly Clarkson? um... done!

- Brad's Performance is a perfect way to wrap up this post... really makes you remember how great country music is... With all the hype of new music, its easy to forget about all the legends that have paved the way for today. So thankful! I love Nashville more every day! Wade and I Looooved this. we rewinded it and watched again! You have got to watch it all the way to the end.. the end is the best part! You can see why Brad won entertainer of the year... so creative!

"this is country music..." its part of me... and I love it even more this morning! What a great night

Post a Comment

1 comments:

The Cosby's said...

You said it all perfectly! Thanks for posting the videos. Literally I was about to pull up Lady Antebellum's performance from last night and there it was on your blog:) I love reading your thoughts, I can relate so much.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...