Thanksgiving is so precious to my family... I might even say its our favorite holiday to spend all together. Nothing at all against Christmas, we love that time together as well but there is something about Thanksgiving that I just cant explain! but you know I am gonna try!
It isnt traditional. Heck, if you have met the Barker's, you know that aint ever true! I mean, we have our own dinner time... Barker time-8pm. Kyle thinks we're crazy... well, all I can say is welcome to the madness. We all get together at my aunt & uncle's house about 2mi from my Momo and Papa's. There is turkey, dressing, ham, yams, etc... but I say we arent traditional cause my favorite part is that we have ribs, BBQ, 7layer salad, strawberry pretzel salad, lemon pie... and so much more. We will eat on it for at least 2 more meals. I am so thankful for my aunt, mom, momo, uncle and everyone who makes the meal so incredible. We are very blessed.
Group singing after dinner. Its random, its entertaining, its totally worth video-ing! enjoy.
We love visitors! One of our favorite parts is to include anyone and everyone! why keep all the holiday joy just exclusive to our family?! My uncles friend Anthony, my aunts family and other friends joined us for dinner! We are so thankful! Look---> even our friends from Rural Hill, Danielle and Taryce got to be with us! such beautiful women, inside and out! Thank you so much for coming! same plan, next year, no questions.It isnt full of fun-filled plans. I mean, seriously I dont think I can recall much of our holiday break that anyone else would care to hear about! We rarely get out of sweats, we bake lots of goodies, we gain 5lbs just cause we can, the boys like to duck hunt in the wee hours of the morning and our family alone could keep the town's Pizza Inn buffet in business. (im drooling thinking about it).

It isnt a quick trip. We wish we could spend the whole entire week. As we have gotten older, gotten married, gotten adult jobs... our schedules havent been as open as we wish. But I am thankful that we still make the effort to all be together.
Its all because two people fell in love. If you know me at all, you know I can make myself tear up like its my job. I got way too many emotions for one 5'4 girl... I would give them away but then I bet I would cry and that would lead to a problem. So, lets just not do that and try my best not to make this uber-sappy. But this is the first holiday season we will spend without a family member. My Pa-pa passed away in March and I couldnt miss him anymore. I am confident that God is taking care of him. Pa-pa is up there cracking jokes, telling stories and entertaining people for eternity. But, my selfish human tendency just wishes he would pull up in his truck, tell me to get in and drive him somewhere, anywhere. Our family and our holidays are so blessed because my Papa and Momo fell in love and made an amazing home for all of us for years to come. thank you, thank you...
Its family photo shoot time. yep, grumbling... we all get out of our sweats, put some nice clothes on, apply make-up for the first time all day and take some family photos. I am not posting any group ones cause they will be our card photos... but here are some! (Dear interim photographer & boyfriend, Thank you! you did a great job behind the camera! proud of you. Guess Ill keep you around ;)


We just started this tradition a couple years ago so we could have legit christmas card photos. Everyone doesnt particularly love that I boss everyone around and make them get all dolled up... but I remind them that we all love the outcome of having photos together! it is weird being on the other side, like picking out outfits, perfecting my smile and planning the best time. But its worth it.
*these to the right are some bloopers. just thought you could all just laugh along with us... im telling you, we are just plain crazy.

Happy day of giving thanks. I hope you, your families, your friends and whoever... had an amazing holiday! One full of rest, excitement, love... Soak it up, take it with you the next weeks and let it be an encouragement to everyone around you... dont let this drab winter weather get you down!
as pa-pa would say "gotta go!"

Post a Comment