Its the weekend again, thankfully! "everybodys workin for the weekend"... never felt that so true as I have this semester. Ive even been known to count days/hours down to Friday at 3:55pm... its that bad, people.
So, to start the wonderful weekend, Kyle came to my house after he got off ... We were going to deliver some photos for a client then head out to my parents house to help my mom with some new stuff! [blog write-up about mom's new projects coming soon! "get excited"]
After a short "pick-up" basketball (where Im reminded that I still got it, even in cowboy boots) and furniture refinishing, Mom, Kyle and I headed toward town to grab some dinner! Oh, Welcome to the country! where we going to town is kinda big event ... aka 15min. While Others would call that crazy, I call it perfect. I was raised to know nothing different, and I wouldnt change it for the world! anyways...
So both Kyle and Mom had agreed on Chipotle for dinner. and boy was I pumped. I hadnt had
Chipotle all week. Which if you know me or read this blog, you know that isnt the real me. I almost felt like I needed to apologize for not supporting them this week.

Luckily, Ive got my roommate hooked too! So she picked up my slack! another reason I love her dearly. The other day, she and I agreed we would be in trouble if Chipotle delivered! Oh and Yes, that is a photo of her eating it right in front of me this week... Im still a little bitter... but the rest of the story below trumps it.
Alright... back to the story... we pulled into Chipotle... I was giddy... Kyle was ready (I mean, it was food. and we were running on Barker Dinner time, 8pm. :)... Mom pulled up... we all walk towards the front door... Kyle opens it... I was unaware of the coming issue... Mom just nonchalantly says, "Why didnt we go to Chuy's?"
skrreeeeeeccch... crashing halt. all done. Imagine me in this situation. my anticipation and excitement for Chipotle was driving 100mph since like 1pm and there I stand helpless in the parking lot, knowing Ive lost it. Dont get me wrong, I dont hate Chuy's... but in comparison to my favorite these days? mediocre.
I.was.so.close.
Here I am, Looking back at Mom with But-Im-your-little-girl pouting face like "Really? did you have to redirect our choice? bringing up Kyle's favorite mexican restaurant?"
Then, looking over at the boy who was holding the doorto the Chipotle establishment (aka my heart) and knowing that the thought of dining at Chuy's just raised his heartrate. dadgumit.
They won. I was outnumbered ... I couldnt deny it... I hung my head in defeat...... and half-way enjoyed our alternative dinner plan. the only reason I post this is to say... shouldnt I get some kinda of an award? gold-sticker? gift card to Chipotle too much?

I guess I should just look at this glass-half-full ... in the long run, it didnt matter if we ate PB&J on the floor of the barn, I just loved spending my evening with these two... AND I should be more thankful that my sweet, kind and gracious mother approves of the boyfriend enough to pull a stunt like that!
... but guess what this girl is having for lunch today?

Post a Comment