The two things I'm taking to bed with me tonight... My "Jesus Calling" book & a dose of benadryl. Here's the Nov 1 entry of "Jesus Calling":
"Do not be discouraged by the difficulty of keeping your focus on Me. I know that your heart's desire is to be aware of My Presence continually. This is a lofty goal; you ain toward it but never fully achieve it in this life. Don't let feelings of failure weigh you down, Instead, try to see yourself as I see you. First of all, I'm delighted by your deep desire to walk closely with Me through your life. I'm please each time you initiate communication with Me. In addition, I notice the progress you have made since you first resolved to live in My Presence.
When you realize that your mind has wandered away from Me, don't be alarmed or surprised. You live in a world that has been rigged to distract you. Each time you plow your way through the massive distractions to communicate with Me, you achieve a victory. Rejoice in these tiny triumphs, and they will increasingly light up your days"
Life gets crazy...everyone's does. For this people-pleasing-controlling-perfectionist, I carry such a heavy heart if I feel that I'm not juggling everything on my plate...well.
So then, I start to try to juggle it all...try to squeeze extra things in... try to not spend as much time doing this... So then, the result is less than favorable. I feel like I'm half-hearting things that I love deeply and care about investing in.
Luckily, God is a god of grace and unconditional love.... He understands and sympathizes when life gets us all wrapped up. How great is he?
When life gets crazy, communicate with the Father and never neglect the power of a benadryl-induced nights rest!
Post a Comment