"Day 14: A Picture You Love"
I have shown you a bazillion photos... so I went searching for one I was SURE you havent seen yet. So, I found myself on my sister's facebook page! Look at this photo:
How funny/adorable/hilarious/memorable is this photo! These are some women that Lanie met through worshiping Homewood Church of Christ in Birmingham, AL. I love to hear all kinds of stories from these women. Even though they are always through Lanie, I feel like I know them and pray for them often!
How fun it must be to all have baby bumps about the same time! The best part is to think of the sweet little crew of baby friends they will each have at church! What a blessing.
___________________________________________________________________
I realize I haven't goo-ed about my baby niece in a while... so...I have to
She has a name. a real good one too! Lanie announced it via fb this week so now I can make it known.
(***I am terrible at secrets when it is this exciting! see bottom of post for a funny secret story)
Bret and Lanie can explain the story behind it better than I so if you see them, ask! It is cool I get to be a part of her name! Do you see it? "Elise" is my middle name!!! I am so so so very honored. I just cannot believe it. tears.. fill.. my... eyes. Whew, I get emotional quick. but how precious is that? Thank you L&B... I will forever be thankful! Guess I have to find a way to love this baby girl 100x more than I had already planned. I'm up for the challenge. Just sending "Mommy" Lanie some love today! I cannot wait to be a part of this journey with you. You are going to absolutely rock at it!
*** Now Funny Secret Story time:
Once, when Lanie and I were little, Mom told me one of Lanie's Christmas Presents... and I was supposed to
not tell. (BAH!) It was Mall Madness!! I knew Lanie was going to absolutely love it. It had her written all over it... not for the shopping part but for the use of credit cards and cash in order to make transactions! She probably calculated some taxes in there too...

buuuut... see the problem was...
Mom told me too early. There is only so much time this little bushy blonde can keep that valuable and exciting of information to herself!!!! It is bad for my health. I will explode. No telling when or where... but I will explode.... and its exactly what I did.
There I stand...
next to my older sister...
in the aisle of Walmart's board game section...
knowing good and well I could absolutely make Lanie's day if I told her "the juice"...
so I blurted, "LANIE YOU ARE GETTING MALL MADNESS FOR CHRISTMAS!!"
Insert my little hand slapping my big mouth shut.
I had ruined it. Mom would never tell me a secret again (true). I was crushed...
but hey, Lanie was excited!! and she loved it when she opened it Xmas morning. soooo... ? I was only kinda sorry! haha :)
Post a Comment