My sister, Lanie (Blog About Her)
3 years older than I, a gorgeous bomb shell full of wisdom. This girl is my better half. Lanie and I can compliment each other better than anyone in my life. She got the Dad's brains (+ some extra), she is a genius. Absolutely excelled in school and pushed herself to achieve great things! Still so proud of her for graduating valedictorian of her Lipscomb Undergraduate class! She is more organized and detail oriented than I. I looked up to her as a point guard. She had speed like no one else on the court and her leadership led her team to championships. These days, she might be 200 miles away, but I need her in my life. She helps me follow through with dreams and aspirations. Im telling you, she is one of a kind. As intelligent as she is, thats not even my favorite part about her! She is the most sincere and thoughtful woman. Her schedule is packed full, and some how she makes time to let people know how much she cares and desires to serve God. I learn so much from her every day. I hope to be at least half the woman of God and wife that she is! I cannot wait to she her absolutely rock being a mom for the first time. that baby girl is so lucky!
I love Lanie. At the end of the day, she knows me, the best. We love to be together, whether driving, laughing our butts off (you know we could use it! ;), snacking, shopping or sitting in the floor at 2am, it just natural to be together. Its like it is the way its supposed to be... you know? The whole Barker crew (+Kyle) is getting to visit her for the weekend! I cannot wait. We are just going to dream about that baby girl the whole weekend... Im so anxious!
(p.s. Kyle's SIL, Kelli, made Lanie a baby girl onezie!! Go look at it. melt my heart. I cannot wait to hold that whittle baby in this outfit.)
Lanie and I had a whole life together before our world welcomed a special baby boy. now time for his story...
My baby brother, Wade (Blog About Him)
our little guy. who aint so little any more. The kid is taller than both Lanie and I... not that is takes a lot but still... Wade Taylor was born in 1994... His first year was tough but this boy fought with such perseverance and patience that we cant even imagine. We cannot fathom our life without him. From the beginning, he loved anything involving action. He had energy that us older ones couldnt keep up with! The kids first word was ball and never was without one! He is so patient and caring. Wade is one of the most gentleman-acting boy (man? idk) that I know. Im serious. He is so respectful and thoughtful. He is going to make some girl the luckiest in the world. (yeah, if she can get through me. insert pumping of my muscles. grr.)
Now that Wade is older (tear, tear), he can drive! We get to have one-on-one time more often! I love that he, too, is one of my best friends.
It is tough to hear people say they dont enjoy/love being with their brother or sister cause honestly i dont know what that is like. I know that sounds hawty of me... I dont mean it that way! I just see that as a future wish to make sure my family/kids are as united and devoted! From the beginning my dad told us, "you can choose your friends but your family is the constant. We will love each other, unconditionally." Thank you Dad because now i count down the days til I get to see them, even if for a second. They are so precious to my life and I thank God for blessing me extra with the two of them.



Post a Comment