My Dad and Mom lead the children's worship, "Promiseland", at Rural Hill Church of Christ, our home congregation. It has truly been such a blessing in hundreds of lives. I am thankful for my parents for leading like this. They truly put their all into something, even the little details, its a beautiful gift.
Unfortunately, I cant be there every Sunday but in some way, all the members of the Barker crew have been a part of PL over the past few years! Its hard to believe its been almost 6 years ago since this journey began and each year it seems to be even better than the last! We have the Almighty God to thank for that. He continues to bless PL with children with open hearts and beautiful curiosity! As well as parents who trust in the ministry of PL and encourage their kiddos the other 6 days of the week.
There was over 300 people in attendance, almost 100 of those being kids! I was at the Stanton Wedding that day. Wish I could've been in two places at once. But thanks to my sweet mother, here are some photos from the record setting day!
A few weeks ago, I had meant to blog about PL. Im kinda glad I didnt...
now I can include the photos/videos here and you can truly get a glimpse into what God is doing!
In Promiseland, it is all about worship. Not coloring pictures, playing games, fiddle-farting with your friends, eating snacks or reading a children's books... We practice 5 ways to worship: Singing, Bible Study, Praying, Communion and Giving... just like "big church" does. That way when they are in "big church," they too can worship in reverence and thankfulness!
How beautiful is that?
How beautiful is that?
Promiseland is during both Sunday services at Rural Hill 8:15am & 10:30am.
Consider this your invitation!
The doors are ALWAYS open... We love to say "WELCOME TO PROMISELAND" to new friends!
"SHOUT for joy to the Lord, allllll the earth.
Worship the Lord with GLADness, come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God. It is HE who made us, and WE are His;
we are his people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter his gates with THANKSgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and pRaiSe HiS nAmE (<--insert: "Z snap"... not kidding. just do it!)
For the Lord is goOOOOoood and His LOVE... ENDURES... FOREVER!
and His faithfulness continues through alllllllllll..... generations."
-Psalm 100 with Pizazz.



Post a Comment