My sweet mother had surgery this week.. :( Oh is she going to hate that I posted this on here! But she just took her next pain pill, sooo I think we're good for at least the next 4 hours! Her surgery was with Franklin's Bone & Joint Clinic to hopefully heal some foot pain she is suffering from.
Oh how the tables have turned. Here I am, trying to be a nurse to my mom!! I am trying to remember all the little details, medicine schedule and making sure to have a healthy balance of leaving her to rest and keeping her company!
The funny part is that I have been bed ridden from an orthopedic surgery before. In 2005, I had the 3rd ACL repair in the Rex Barker family... first my Dad, then Lanie... I had no hope, it was basically planned. BUT In a way, its good because I can relate to her pain, desire to remain motionless and frustration. However, I catch my skin crawling when she goes "OOwww!" ... If you know me at all, you know I do not care one tiny bit for anything needle/stitches/blood related. Pretty sure I threw up on a nurse when I was young because she was going to give me a shot. Oops.
Regardless, all that is NOT important, enough about the nurse... lets get to the real update, Everything is going well!! Gwen Barker is a trooper, are you surprised? My mother has the strength, endurance and determination like no one else I know... except maybe Bear Grills ! (ok, I dont technically know him but ... anybody have any connections?)
Thanks for all the prayers and sweet check-in phone calls! Just as in most recoveries, she's gotta take it one day at a time and she is rockin' it.
I think I got to sign off... its time for this nurse to study for the GRE while her patient is off in dreamland... barf. OOOoor maybe I should take one of these here pain pills and slip off to dreamland where Im with Bear Grills in Montana, with a pet grizzly bear and smokin' hot bod... What to do?

Post a Comment