Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back to the blog challenge... over half way through... here we go with a few more!

"Day 18: Something you regret"
There isnt much in life that I can say I regret.  That sounds just harsh... but I guess my heart/brain never reaches that point. Before it can, I realize the positive in what is to come... instead of soaking in the "what could have been" ... cause God probably meant for it all to happen that way anyway.   

I absolutely LOVE Darius Rucker's new song "This" . Oh it is such a precious concept to think about... 
"every stop light I didn’t make, Every chance I did or I didn’t take,  
All the nights I went too far, All the girls boys that broke my heart, 
All the doors that I had to close, All the things I knew but I didn’t know... 
Thank God for all I missed 'cause it led me here to this"

 
Although I cannot claim my life to be any where near perfect...I trust God has a greater plan than I can fathom. In every person I meet, every blog I write or every photo I take, He has a divine purpose for it.

"Day 19-Something you miss"
This seems like an appropriate category to follow "regret" ... because I might not regret much in my life but I can still miss things. 
- I miss my Pa-pa. I miss spending afternoons on the bank of a pond beside him, going out searching for blackberries, him insisting that I slow down on the 4-wheeler (Papa & Kyle would get along! My need for speed still exists...regardless of what they say), driving out to see sunflower fields, reading the Sunday comics while watching Tom & Jerry, giving him wedgies... yeah, I said that.  I miss those things because they were such precious moments in my memory. 

- I miss playing basketball. Sure, I have the chance to watch it on TV and shoot around here or there but I miss playing it! I miss sweating profusely, wiping my shoes off with my hands, full-court pressing, feeding to the post...ahh.  I really feel like I cherished those days... I wish I could snap my fingers back to 3-games-a-day camp! Probably NOT in any shape to actually go back. Could we start off playing half-court? 

-- I miss Lanie & Bret! They got to come visit for a day or so last weekend and it was just wonderful to have them around to be a part of even the littlest things, like dinner & picking out tennis shoes for Wade-ly. We will get to see them in a few weekends and hopefully MORE and MORE when Sadie-bug is born. But still... I miss 'em.
- I miss Saturday morning Waffle House breakfast with my family. Yeah and that was back in the day before smoking got banned from restaurants.  Dont even worry about taking a shower before cause you smell like dirty smoking men & bacon when you leave. But ymm umm ymm.. totally worth it! 

- I miss driving a truck.  My first car was a pick-up truck, oh how I loved it! (Yeah, not making that photo any bigger over here... you dont need to see it any closer! ) I cried when I sold it... but It wasnt practical, I could only carry 1 person comfortably and gas $ is more. There is nothing like the feeling of being in a pick-up truck.  At least Kyle drives one!


"Day 20-Nicknames"
Well, I dont have a ton of these... 
- most call me "Lib" for short, I like when people do... It usually means we have spent enough time together that you feel comfortable to... I like that!
- My mom calls me, "Libber"
- My Dad calls Lanie & I "Boo-boo" 
- "Libster" comes around some times
- My BIL, Bret, calls me "Libs" ... Soon, I will only answer to AUNT Libs. 
--- I think that is most of them! ---

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...