Thursday, March 24, 2011

grow so fast

This post is going to be chalk full of a new & favorite things in regards to the Doetzer crew! It is packed with TONS of photos and videos of these close-to-my-heart kids!  So brace yourself, it's an interactive ride!

Lets talk about the boyfriend first... the baby boyfriend... William...  ok, My William might be one big kid at heart... but I am talking about Baby William Francis. He will be 1 in less than a month! yeah I said it... 1 year old!
huh? he was just a baby like yesterday...
awww... wasnt he?
[if you dont want to kiss those cheeks, your heart isnt wired correctly. poor you]

 I'll stop being an emotional babysitter no one wants to hire cause she cries when kids excel through developmental milestones. I cant help it! My heart is just made to love that.

Speaking of developmental milestones, William is, all of the sudden, faster than a speeding bullet!  Guess, I can cancel a exercise sessions ( cough cough, or not start exercise sessions) thanks to this new stage of his life! I am getting quite a body workout. 

My eyes have to be on him at every second ... or whats in his hands or what already made it to his mouth.  I am not kidding, I turn to drop a diaper in the trash and the boy was already OUT the bedroom door and one arm down heading head-first down a stair. WWWHHHATT?? 

I mean, I am claiming to be in any sort of athletic shape... yeah right. I had to hang those days up a long time ago. I admit it...most days. Its fine.  

But, shouldnt I have some sort of sympathetic nervous system instinct to bring out the quick and/or agile part of me in time of need? Cause let me tell you... it has not kicked in. I need to file a complaint.  cause this 11 month old boy is running circles around this 22 year old "has been athlete" 

Just in case you dont believe me: Below are photos from last week to prove that he is moving, constantly.  I could pull out a large grizzly bear out of my bag and the boy would still be "a moth to a flame" toward that tiny TV cord.
 **forgot to warn you. I couldnt find a moment to put on make-up this particular morning.
sue me, why dont ya.
Look how adorably cute Lena-bug is cheesing! I love it. 
giant raspberry action (mouth spitting) and sign for "all done" ... guess I should have taken this as legit. He was "all done" with Libby photos.
come on... let me go.
Im serious...
Ok, I will half-pose for ONE.
... and ONLY ONE, Libs...
dont believe me? I will take out this here white box thing to prove my point.
whew, what a mischievously precious heart throb...

and that was a week ago.  
in case you want an update, it is even wilder! 
no really.. it is... 
this is NOT even staged ... that is real life, right there.  
The boy sets his sights and then he plunges out of your arms...  
  
but goodness he can melt me in a heartbeat.
You HAVE to agree that he is a handsome baby! 
Here is just a little video with not much of a purpose... I dont even really know why I love it so much. I think it is because I can see the difference in improvement of how fast his brain thinks and collects new information now! [OH and :57 seconds is pretty funny too!] 

Now to talk about my two of my favorite chicadees in Tennessee! or any where for that matter. 
Elizabeth & Lena!! It was their Spring Break so we all got to be home together! Woohoo for a fun filled day. Dont you love when kids think a day with you in the greatest on the planet? talk about self-esteem boost. They are too sweet to me!
Since it was forecast-ed to rain later in the afternoon, we went outside to swing and ride bikes early.
We had so much fun! I say WE and I mean WE! I was cheering up and down as the girls rode by me on their bikes. I dont think any neighbors were home to be disturbed... I sure hope not! 
oh... and I was also the gas station worker. I did the "filler-up" for these racing chicas. They didnt have to pay me in money... just the answering of a silly question I thought of off the top of my head! I wish I could've video-ed that!

So after a lunch break for us all... we thought another try on the swings and bike because it was great weather... NOT. we got on all the gear and it began to storm. Shucks... Inside activities it is. Ended up being one of the more fun "make shift" afternoons with the kiddos ever! We painted like little artists, played hide-and-go-seek (a Libby tradition), and then it just got better and better.. AND Look at what Elizabeth learned today!

On your back grooving a basketball.  She saw me doing it with a inflatable ball in the playroom (I told you... I am a "has been"... I try every now and then) She was a natural. At first, she was an absolute champ at catching it on the way down... which blew my mind. That is the most difficult part of that. Then, she kept practicing and practicing... I loved watching her glow with pride because she had succeed! We also giggled a whole lot... it made whiff-ing the ball more bearable! By the end of the "lesson", the 5 yr old had already developed the beginnings of a FOLLOW THROUGH! I knew high school-ers that didnt even.  Future  basketball player? who knows! but for now... we love sharing this!

The purpose of this last part is mainly for my mother! Then it was time for Elizabeth's soccer practice. I helped her get everything together and we had some major taming of her mane, if you know what I am talking about. Wasn't even sure if "No More Tangles" could even get to it. We then agreed that a ponytail would be best for practice,  too crazy to have hair all in your face. So look what I brought back!
The sports look. My mom used to do this "do" when I went to Vanderbilt Women's Basketball Camp. It stayed in all day and kept my bushy blond hair out of my view of the basket. Told E that my mom would be so excited to see her all adorable with her hair like that. E insisted I take a photo and send it to her! Mom, thanks for the inspiration even 15 years later.

Some times it is crazy to think this crew isnt my family. They feel like it! I guess you can tell.. cause if you made it all the way to the bottom of this... you must realize I am serious about my love for them. They bring pure joy and fresh new-ness to life everyday. So thankful!

good night, sleep tight. 

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...