Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Cleared for Takeoff" Kind of 'Fluff'

In doing my morning blogging here at Panera, Katie at Cleared for Takeoff inspired me to do a "Me A-Z" .  If you dont follow her, shame on you.  This loving wife, encouraging mother and strong woman is more and more honest, raw, entertaining and innovative in every post! 

The day I realized she also once lived in an Oak Hill Town home... I was hoping I might run into her.  Cause I was sure to embarrass myself by being "blog star-struck" ... I would stumble over words and smile way too much... but I know I would recognize her and that sweet baby girl of hers! Maybe one day!   Ok, enough of the goo-goo... Here is my "Me A-Z"! 
-------------------------------- 

A. Age: 22... almost 23. My birthday is becoming less anticipated ... uh oh, is this what getting old feels like?
B. Bed size: Queen. Thanks to Maryanne Reider for letting me "store" her mattress with me until May. Woah, I should really think about what I am going to do after that...  Whoops! 
C. Chore you dislike: There aren't many chores that I hate to physically do... I just dislike when I am totally UNmotivated to do them... for weeks. eeek.  Well, I do hate washing dishes that have been left undone until the next day.  It is like my breaking point...that next morning, all of the sudden those same dishes absolutely disgust me.  At least that dislike encourages me to do my dishes right then and there.
D. Dogs: I like them... but Im not ready for the responsibility of having one.  Cant stand the shedding, the barking, the potty training... not dealing with that.
E. Essential start to your day: Katie said, "Coffee and blogs."  I can agree with that!  I will add that I love to indulge in a high protein breakfast each morning too.  An egg & toast  or yogurt & granola...

F. Favorite color: changes all the time! depends on my mood and the season... so today I will choose robin's egg blue.
G. Gold or silver: I have always worn silver jewelry. I can remember back when my mom was phasing out her gold jewelry and I thought, "pssssht, lady... get with the times"   But I will be honest, I am going to experiment in wearing gold soon. Once I get a tan!  I mean, Look how classy it would look with a black dress!? Good, cause most of my wardrobe is black... Not even ashamed! (and yes, maybe I did decide this because Detective Olivia Benson rocks 2 gold necklaces in LAO&SVU! dont hate on it. )

H. Height: 5′4... and barely that.
I. Instruments you play(ed): Haha! ummm.. The harmonica. But the only song I know is "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus"
J. Job title: Libby Barker Photography, Owner/Photographer. Student, Nanny, etc
K. Kids: None! One day.  These little ones are as close as it comes right now. I love them so much... I cant even fathom the love I will have for my own children. Whew.
L. Live for ______: God,  My family, my future family, JOY...
M. Most embarrassing moment: Already posted one on the world wide web ... here is another.  It was the summer before college at Freshman orientation for Lipscomb University. If you know LU at all, you will get used to ice breaker games real quick fast and in a hurry.  So, about 200 incoming freshman newbies are playing Fruit Basket Turnover ... The Director calls out, "If you have ever peed in the pool, Fruit Basket Turnover" In my head, I thought, "hmm... everyone has peed in the pool at some point. Even if it was when they were a child..." so I stood up... Immediately I realize I should gain more control over my impulsive thoughts. ONLY 20 PEOPLE STOOD UP... out of 200!  Oh goodness, instant nervousness. I froze... just long enough for all of the other 19 people to find a seat... except for ME! I stood in the middle of all my future classmates/friends/boyfriends in shame.  The director asked if I was embarassed,  my stubborn self responded, "No, I am just embarrassed to know all these other people LIED"   haha. how goofy.

N. Nicknames: Lib
O. Overnight hospital stays:  No overnight stays! Even though I reaaaallly wanted to for my ACL repair, I was NOT ready to leave. I wanted the lights OFF and everyone to just SHUT UP. it didnt happen though... so evidently I let everyone know that I was uncomfortable too... :/
P. Pet peeves: Blowing nose at the table (ewww), clipping nails in free space (gross! what if it landed in my drink!)... I think those are the two distinct ones.
Q. Quote from a movie: "Lets do it." Pure Country... it was the first thing I thought of!
S. Siblings: Lanie and Wade! I love talking about them... see!
T. Time you wake up: ummmm.. it depends! I love having a whole morning to get stuff done... but if you ask me in the morning to get up and go, uh uh. no way. 5 more minutes... 30 more minutes...     I know once I have a kid I will be up and attama with the sun... but until then, I will embrace the covers of my bed.
U. University attended: You mean, universitieS!? Ohh... how many have I attended... lets see. In order to graduate Lipscomb on time, I transferred credits in from MTSU, Columbia State, & Jefferson Tech Comm College.  So, I graduated LU in May 2010 with a Marketing Degree & a minor in Spanish.    Then, in order to switch to something totally unrelated (Speech Pathology), I have done my pre-req work through TN State, Western Kentucky and ready for this one,  Utah State University! haha.
V. Vegetables: delicious.  There isnt one that I dont like.  I love Lima beans, carrots, corn, spinach, squash, zucchini, ocra... you grow it, I will eat it!

W. What makes you run late: ummmmmmm... haha... if you know me at all you think this is hilarious.  Maybe it would be better to ask Mr. Kegley what makes HIM run late... both answers would be Libby Elise Barker herself. whoops.

X. X-rays you’ve had: a few. I cant remember those... my MRIs were more memorable.

Y. Yummy food you make: I cannot wait for the day when cooking a healthy, well-rounded dinner is routine for me and my future family.  I love fresh salads and anything pasta!

Z. Zoo animal favorites: grizzly bears, easy. Thank you Memphis Zoo for making my dreams come true.


Katie, Thanks for the inspiration on this dreary TN day! I'm sure Ellie Kate is keeping your hands full... as always... but it is totally worth it. She is just precious. Thank you for sharing!  Praying for you and your family as these next few months might be difficult! Hope you can feel the love and peace from hundreds of women being prayer warriors for you!

* Feel free to “steal” this post and make it your own, just make sure to leave a comment so I can come read yours!

Post a Comment

2 comments:

Meredith :) said...

Ok, I've decided we are twins seperated at birth (clearly, not identical). :) Seriously...if I did this, so many of our answers would be the same! Especially the late one! :)

Katie said...

Hey Lady!

I love love LOVE your blog! You are so cute!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...