Mom is rockin' this new refinishing furniture thing! She gets all giddy & excited about it from start to finish. It is combines 2 of her best talents... bargain shopping and creativeness! She is so great at finding amazing deals at various places like Craigslist and local thrift stores (she's where I got all my creative juices!)

We have this coffee table that was once this 90's orange-ish colored wood ... cough, cough LAME! Basically, no use for it anywhere in this world... so the logical thing to think... why not paint it teal? right?
Well, my Mom's creative wheels got churning 100mph. after a late night run to Home Depot and 2 cans of spray paint... we knew we had hit a home run! The teal was just a little on the bright side and it might not match my living as well.

so.... why not distress it a little?
With the perfect mixture of my color wheel knowledge and mom's insane skills, we slowly began to master the rustic/distressed look that is sold for tons of $moo-lah$ at places like Nadeau: Furniture for the Soul in Green Hills! pretty sure we even high fived and cheered on the porch of the barn! I told you , my mom encourages enthusiasm in life! I love it.
Before I got to take it home with me, Mom had herself a little extra fun with the sanding tool and distress glaze...and now I introduce to you my favorite Mom project yet! Check it for yourself! Love it? we do!
thats right ladies and gentlemen, a Gwen Barker Original right there in my living room!
[sidenote: see that old trunk in the left corner? I got that at Goodwill for $8!! Its an old army trunk with ID info still stamped on the side! hello timeless piece to help begin my furniture collection... its so cool]
OH! how could I forget about the Gwen Barker bench in my foyer!? so perfect for the space!
Dont worry, there are some more projects in the works. Get ready for things to be crazy in the Barker's barn!





Post a Comment