Tuesday, October 5, 2010

our mom is better

Arent moms the greatest? Seems like they fit just perfectly into our lives at the best times, no matter our age... Its magical. I bet your mom is so great! I bet she takes care of you like none other in the whole world. She will pinch your cheeks, fill you with all kinds of ooey-gooey love words and send you down the road with a few extra bucks in your pocket....
but our mom is way better. just being honest.
Gwen Enlow Barker is basically the strong hold of our family. I can speak for all of us ... couldnt imagine how we would've turned out without her. Lanie & I would've had "Dad's onion head" pony tail 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (aka headache central!) and Wade wouldnt ever have ironed clothes, clean underwear or a morning wake up time!
we just plain love our Mom, unconditionally!

She is responsible for the Barker girls being enthusiastic and excited about life! When we would leave for school at the crack of dawn, Mom would cheer "Be EXCITED!" with her sweet fists pumped in the air. (sometimes I wanted to pump my sweet fist right in her... nevermind) Without Mom forcing us, we might have been the most awkward anti-social little ones. Another reason we are thankful for her!
oh, fun fact: Did you know our mom is the "Babe" of Paducah, KY? Its true! She still can walk into a store and someone recognizes her... someone remembers a great story... someone recalls her lending a hand... someone remembers how bad they wanted to date her... Gwen Enlow Barker is celebrity status! Literally, it just happened like 2 days ago at a McDonalds in Cadiz, KY! Its cause her heart loves and serves that powerfully! People from over 20 years ago are still thankful for her... and that woman is our mom. We are so lucky.

Anyways, the reason I posted this... My mom has helped me so much in furnishing my new place! She has spent hours craigslist searching, re-painting furniture, giving up her own pieces, and transporting them up to me. I cannot thank her enough... she keeps impressing me!
Check out the table she re-did for my kitchen! After some trials and error, she has perfected the distressed, vintage look! I got to help some too... How kickin' does it look? I love it more than I could've imagined.
good grief, it looks like restoration hardware. I cant wait to get a fall tablescape on it... and paint some more things with her! Mom, Thank you! We love you more every day we get older!

dont you wish your mom was this awesome?

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...