Tuesday, October 5, 2010

season of home

As my life has slowly changed and evolved over the last few months, things have been crazy... and by crazy, I mean unpredictable, different, new, shifty but all so great! Im not even lying

No one ever mentioned the transition out of college into "real world"... Its almost like its so confusing that everyone keeps it to themselves! A fellow Lipscomb grad, Daley Hilburn blogged about this topic a few weeks ago, "So you've graduated from college. Now what?" ... and it helps define this season a little better.

Life is just changing and everyone is going all sorta ways, hardly ever the same one. And it is just difficult to understand

To be honest, this has just been a time of adjusting for me. Ive mentioned before that I enjoy change... so personally, the reality of growing up doesnt scare me a bit! I am excited about these next steps. I dont sit awake at night, crossing my fingers and wishing I could be back somewhere long ago. I would be exhausting worthless brain power and prayers. Not worth it. I choose to be content/happy with this time.

I feel God prepared my heart to be ready for this season... instead of terrified. I could not be more thankful for the peace, wisdom and comfort He has blessed me with... I would be lost without his guidance and the love of my closest, most important people in my life.

#1 on Daley's post about post-college talks about what identifies you? "Everything I had allowed to validate me in college was gone and in that moment I finally realized my own insignificance without Christ." Now is the time, we have to strap up our boots, get dirty and take responsibility of our faith and our life. Our identity and being can no longer be found "in popularity, in being friends with everyone, in being over-involved, in the attention of the opposite sex, in getting good grades, in doing the “right things”... as it might have been during college.

Want to know one outlet of faith I have been blessed by? The day I randomly ran across Homewood Church of Christ Sermons on the internet. I can download them straight to my iTunes! It is like I am there on a Sunday, if I close my eyes. I soooo wish I worshipped there on Sunday mornings... I love that church, its doctrine and family.

The next day I found out the ol' brother-in-law was kinda responsible for hooking all that audio up on the internet and stuff... I couldnt have had a bigger smile on my face to be connecting from 300 miles away with my family. God's family is soo good.

good night, that was all I had to say. Im probably not even going to proofread so I apologize for errors, humor me! but my advice before bed, download those sermons on the topic of The Holy Spirit, it will bless your life!

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...