Friday, October 8, 2010

the smell of goodness

I think I am slowly turning into my mother...

dont worry, I recently blogged about how great she was like 2 days ago[ see "our mom is better" ] so I dont mean it in a bad way or in every aspect of life, but sometimes I do little things and its obvious! its like a slap in the face. I freeze in time and go back to my bushy bushy blond hair girl days, its like watching a replay.

a little thing is that I've come to love a good smellin' home! I cant help it. I love coming home from a long day, exposed to all kinda who-knows-what smells, walking into my home and say "ahhh..." or "yummmm..." I mean, I want it smellin' so good I dont even think about leaving or opening the front door! So for today's post, just in case you need some assistance, here are some of my favorites:

Seasonal:



Bath & Body's Slatkin & Co. "Autumn"
I got this as a present from the super amazing Lisa Forster & Stephanie Matchschniegg! It was a perfect transition out of my summer scents. Thank you Lisa! I love it!






Pier 1's "Creamy Caramel Pumpkin"
I never shop at Pier 1. My mom didnt so... I dont. Kinda weird how we are conditioned in that way. But our style doesnt really mix with theirs... they got this overly decorative, flashy, Moroccan-ish look going on. Every once in a while, we give it a try... this time, I walked out with was 2 candles. Let me just say I am not disappointed! I got Mom a "Fireside" scent and mine is this on the left. Caramel+Pumpkin? Yes, please. And it was only $5. delicious. I just hope I dont accidently take a bite out of it!


All the time:
the Body Shop's Home Oil "Satsuma"
I wish I could make this text ever larger. I should've just done 1 blog on this one product. It deserves it. This is my all time favorite smell of a product out there in this world. I used it so much back in the dorm days that my girls in my hall would know I was me burning that awesome scent. It is just the most addicting & perfect smell ever. Its clean, orangey, vibrant and it mixes perfectly with all of BS's other oils to make even more smells.
The only thing that stinks is I want to burn it 24-7. I wish i didnt have to buy it in such small bottles. I wonder if they would send me a gallon jug of it? If Im willing to pay, why not?!

Glade Plug-in
I know, you are saying LAME. But just listen, it is nice to be able to purchase the plug for 99cents, refills that last months for 3-4 and let it burn 24-7 with no worries. So, when I come home... my room, my bathroom, the hallway smells good without having to leave a candle burning. Smokey the Bear approves of the Glade plug-in. Go ahead and think Im super dorky for liking this... but I dont care. It works and its affordable... works for me


enjoy a good smelling home this weekend but be safe! dont forget to blow candles out! Sometimes when I leave the house, I spend the first 2 miles of my drive in anxiety over if I blew them out. OH MY, just another way I am becoming my mother. We always used to laugh Sunday mornings cause it never failed she would say, "WAIT WAIT, I dont think I turned my curling iron off!!!" love that woman.

Audience Participation time: What are some of your favorites?
I would love to know!

Post a Comment

4 comments:

Caity Shinnick said...

Bath & Body Works "Kitchen Spice"

It's the best! My house church loves it, Will loves it, I love it! You should try it out!

Kayla said...

I love Satsuma, too! :)

Aimée Nicholson said...

Yankee Candle "Farmer's Market". Fell in love with it last fall and couldnt wait to pull it out again this month.

Lanie said...

You forgot to mention on the dorky note, that you not only like the wall Glade plug-ins for your house... but also for your CAR. Only a lighter adapter is required. Ghetto-fabulous.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...