Monday, September 20, 2010

Ashleigh

There is this girl that I love so very deeply...
her name is Ashleigh Speight Simmons. she is pretty incredible.
she's on my VIP list, for sure, AND pretty high up there too! she holds the offices of Chief Executive of Crafts, Encouragement and Unconditional Love!
This post is dedicated to her...a special someone that played (and is playing) a vital role in my life, my faith and my love. This is only a small way of showing her my thankfulness but if I could scream it off a mountain, I totally would. Maybe when Im in Colorado, I will! (p.s. if you dont know this girl, just go ahead and consider your life unlucky. just kidding... no but seriously!)
(apologies for the slightly embarrassing old school photos... but we go way back and I had to show that!)
Where do I begin? I was a new, naive, energetic freshman at Lipscomb and Sp8 was a super adorable junior, leader in Pi Kappa Sigma and an RA in Elam Hall. just so you can better understand, Sp8 took care of me! She became my mentor, my friend, my role model and my kindred spirit... and to this day, she still rocks at all of those things!
I really can thank her for so many areas of growth in who I am today. She continually encourages and challenges me to be an even better woman of faith, best friend and creative guru. In my senior year at LU, we got to lead an Ethos house church together. I will never forget how amazing it was to be a part of such beautiful community... esp beside such a great friend.
In July, Ashleigh married the love of her life, the Ryan Simmons! Oh how I loved being a part of her day. as always, Sp8 trusts what God is doing with her life and her heart... and she followed that witty, genius of a husband out to Denver, CO to be by his side while he completes law school. ( You will love their blog!)
I have no doubt that she will grow in faith and perseverance... but selfishly, I dont just love LOVE the idea of sharing her with Colorado-ians (?). but I will learn to deal... or travel out there to visit as much as I can!
Sp8 and Lib... always been good at this distance best friends thing. Since the beginning, we were in different circles but would always come back to each other... "this world keeps spinning faster, to a new disaster so I run to you". Granted, this distance may be a liiittllee bit farther than 3 blocks but... our God knows what he is doing! He has never let us down in our years. So I am going to trust Him!
God knew I needed her... at just the perfect time(s)! He is so good.
I want to share a beautiful gift she gave me, which was originally the main purpose for this post... but felt there was some essential background information needed. so enough with the blabbing, sapping stuff... please, LOOK AT WHAT SP8 MADE FOR ME!
Isnt this just perfect in every way? This photo is us with a few of our House Church girls at Sp8's wedding. Everything about it makes my heart warm: the pattern perfectly matches my slate gray house, the eclectic design of buttons, the large colorful photo...but most importantly, the fact her and I are loving each other with some of our favorite people around us!
I love you Ashleigh Simmons so much and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I will cherish this gift for years and years to come. you're so good to me. thank you!

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...