I love change, its true, I do. My Thursdays have changed drastically since the ol' college days... and Im not hating it one bit!...cause Wade-lee comes and stays with me! Well, at least for the next 10 days... cause this baby boy's 16th birthday is Oct. 11! Where in the world did the time go? --->

Fo real? Im still kinda in denial
We get to worship at Sanctuary together then he comes to stay at my house! Then, I gets to wake the little guy up for school the next morning! at 6:20. I mean, i never see that hour but for this boy, totally worth it.
And if I do say so myself, I pretty much sweep the contest for the best ride-to-school driver ever. We get Dunkin' Donuts, I strategically place REBA on the iPod and graciously allow him to crack jokes about my appearance! I even offer to walk him inside but... he says, "nah, Im gooOOOd" Why in the world would I get all dressed up for the day before the sun has even risen!? I rock sweats, any person in their right mind would!
But from Oct 11 on, I will still reign in the getting-ready-for-school award category! Ill cook him nice big breakfast, let him sleep a little extra (shhh..dont tell Mom), stand in my driveway in my PJs and wave him off to a great Friday! and then get back in the bed :) (after a text that says he made it there, duh!)
Tomorrow, I wake with the sun to drive the baby boy to school for possibly the 2nd to last time. Wish this slightly-too-emotional big sister some luck!
-------

[just a few sidenotes]
1. no big deal or nothing, as you can tell, my brother is kinda the coolest person I know! Wade got to play golf in the Tennessee State Div II Tournament!! Yeah, STATE! As a Sophomore! He was 1 of 3 sophomores out there! I love being the co-president of his fan club (Lanie and I share it!) Hopefully next year, I will actually get to walk the course with him! fingers.crossed.
2. Just a little fun before bedtime! When you're at sister's house, its how we roll! even the early-bedtimer Ashley joined us.












Post a Comment