Wednesday, September 22, 2010

where I'd rather be

<-- this is me.
ok, not really cause I just ripped this off google...BUT I might as well photoshop my groggy face in there.
Remember when I mentioned LAST WEEK how I wasnt feeling well but I had no idea what was going on? okay, so I went to the doctor, got some blood work (eeek!), two steroid shots and tons of meds/advice but no diagnosis.
Well I got the blood work back... and got a call from a nurse pleasantly sharing that my blood said I had mono. What in the stinkin' world? Im pretty sure I laughed outloud when she told me. I was like that doesnt even make sense. Isnt mono this crippling sickness where you can barely get out of your bed? but I feel totally fine! I have been WAY sicker in the Libby Barker low immune system history. So, I continued through my normal schedule and made sure I took necessary medication to offset whatever was going on. I went days feeling really really great! anndd............. then..........those glorious steroids wore off. ooohh no.
Here I am, defeated by it. Never had mono? Let me describe it for you... It is like my brain and body are battling. Brain is totally on top of its game, running 100mph and chain reacting to all the things I need to do! But, my body cannot be motivated to stand up, walk over there and get it done. It just wants to lay and do absolutely nothing. Then my brain rebuttals with, "Dude, you're being so lazy. You're wasting the day, you should be ashamed!" But my body is like a kid with its hands over its ears..."im not listening, im not listening!" I cannot properly referee this match-up, I threw in the towel today.
stupid sickness, the ONLY treatment is rest. pssshht... haha. that seems like a lost cause. What am I supposed to do? completely become a vegetable for 4 weeks... I would like to have a life! Today, I am intentionally carrying out the recommended treatment by forcing myself to miss classes I dont want to miss, not cleaning what i need to clean and not getting in my car to drive anywhere. Maybe it will be the cure. but I feel like a hermit. lame.
I know one thing for sure, I wont let mono steal my glass half-full outlook on life. No I wont. I hate being a Negative Nancy. So here goes, I will share my conscious effort to be positive today with you.

10 random places I would rather be:
1. Jackson Hole, Wyoming. On this porch, looking out onto this lake, with a warm cup of coffee, watching the sunrise in the pure quietness. ahhh... drink it up.
2. With at least 1 of these people. evidently mono makes you emotional, too. dadgumit, I have enough girl emotions pouring out of me day-to-day... I do not think i need help in that area. But, today... I miss these people. Wish I could see them every single day.
3. On stage as Hillary Scott. the smokin' hot lady of Lady A. hey, I can dream. young, absolutely gorgeous, killer voice, super energetic, not disgustingly skinny, awesome style and a life living out amazing music... love it.

4. Here. a place I can soak up some Vitamin D and sit on the edge of the water
5. in a field of sunflowers. with my camera, Jasper! such a dream. maybe Ill have one of these of my own one day so that Jasper and I can have some quality time ... all the time!
6. on the back of this saddle. enough said.
7. "driving down an open highway. never knowing what we're gonna find" Windows down, no worries in the world... perfection.
8. Bryant-Denny. cheering on the #1 team in the nation beside my family. nothing like it.
9. This kitchen, eating Watermelon. i think my belly just simultaneously growled. better hurry up and post this.
10. Homewood Church. I miss this church family! hope I get to see them soon.

signing off cause I havent physically moved from this warm spot in my bed in 4 hours. I should maybe get up... or maybe not. we'll see.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me" 2 Co. 12:9

Post a Comment

3 comments:

BC said...

Libby -- you crack me up! Hope you feel better soon, love. We've had mono in our extended family, so I can understand some of what is going on with you! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OR IT WILL LAST LONGER! I love ya, girl! -- Mrs. Bonny

Lee said...

Sweet daughter #2 - I am so sorry you are sick but you HAVE TO REST! That is an order from your Birmingham Mama! We miss you so and could really use some Libby Lovin soon....love, Mama Lee

Lanie said...

YES! I want to be all of those places with YOU. Pick me! Pick me!! Must plan our next vacation soon!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...