wondering about my final decision? I chose Alabama Football.
wait, wait! before you jump to concluding i no longer love George... Let me explain.
1. I hate allergies. Guess it doesnt help much that I have lived my whole life in the worst allergy area of the world... Welcome to Middle Tennessee! In my school days, I used to get strep like it was my job and just when the seasons changed, it was guaranteed my sinuses could get me out of a few days of school, easy.
BUT... this time around, my body reacted totally different and I did not enjoy the change. My eyes have been swollen since last Tuesday! It looks like two angry hornets stung my eyelids. It makes me tired to try to keep my eye lids open! not kidding. Now, that would be totally unenjoyable to be at George Strait's concert and not be able to see the King of Country talk about torture.
dont worry-I caved today and made an appointment with an allergist to get this all figured out. I forgot that might mean a date with NEEDLES! I got blood drawn and 2 burning steroid shots! whew. there, I have done my big girl day of the week. NO MORE. but tonight, I will go to bed knowing I could wake up tomorrow morning and OPEN MY EYES WIDE!
2. I didnt want to get scammed on Craigslist. Paying $120 for a ticket and possibly getting to the venue and being rejected... I didnt wake up on the risky side of the bed that day.
When George comes back in town, without a co-headliner like Reba... tickets will be cheaper. I might even do lower level. watch me!
3. This is how I watched Alabama Football last week!
While my family was in Guntersville, I spent the first College Gameday with a UT fan! I know. I cant believe it either... guess I like him a little. But as you can see above, we're still prideful for our teams, there will be no fair-weather fans here.
For UT vs. UT Martin, Kyle put on wireless radio headphones and threw his fist pumps in the air every once in a while. I had NO idea what was going on ... for all I knew, he was fist pumping cause he got to spend a whole day with me?! But, the 50-0 score might have been the real reason. Needless to say, I usually reciprocated the high-fives he requested... for sympathy because I knew how it felt to be the only fan in the house.
Thats me 30 feet across the room! I had to stream the Alabama vs. San Jose State game commentated by the Eli Gold from 94.5 out of Birmingham. So I stayed within a 5ft radius of that computer cause I also watched ESPN GameTracker for stats.
We co-existed quite respectfully. No complaints. Well, we did each blow our no-name opponents out of the water by at least 40 points... i still couldnt get him to say Roll Tide. working on it.(our sweatshirts, unplanned. believe that junk! it almost makes me nauseated to look at my classy Alabama with that tacky orange...all matchy-matchy like.)
4. We live Alabama Football in my house... and I love watching the game with my family! When we decided not to pay $6000 to go to the Rose Bowl last year, we bought Surround Sound and loved every second of the game more than ever. I hated to pass up a night in our living room with my favorite Alabama fans, minus LC & B!
5. Alabama vs. Penn State. The history of it all.
"The Nittany Lions and the Crimson Tide are meeting for first time since 1990, but there's quite a history between these two schools. Joe Paterno has been at Penn State for each of the 13 previous matchups. Alabama beat Penn State in the 1979 Sugar Bowl to win the national championship. The two teams then met annually from 1981 to 1990 with Alabama winning six times and the Crimson Tide handed Penn State its only loss during its 1982 national championship season"
LibbyBarker tweets:
Im happy with my decision.
but please, if you see me this week, just a few topics to avoid in conversation:
- the concert, if you went
- your opinion of my love for George
- cowboys
- how you hate Alabama football
- Wranglers
- "I Cross My Heart"
Ill be fine, just give me a week.... or so.








Post a Comment