The Great Debate of 2010
Alabama Football vs. George Strait Concert
Never in my life have I had such a conflict of deep down heart quenching interests and have to choose between them. ohhhh the pain...On Saturday, September 11, 2010, my Alabama Crimson Tide have a huge game against Penn State @6pm, even College Gameday is coming to town BUT George Strait, the first real love of my life, is having a concert at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville @7pm. There is no way I could love any two things more.
What do I do?
Helpful Background Info:
I bleed Crimson. I mean, my Dad probably looked down in the newborn nursery with pride as I disturbed all the lousy Tennessee infants with my first words... "Roll Tide!"
But George Strait had me at "I Cross My Heart." From an insanely young age, 'Pure Country' has been my all-time favorite movie. And if you ask me my favorite Christmas present as a kid? 'George Strait: Strait Out of the Box' 6 CD set, of course.


Unfortunately, I've only been to ONE George concert and I was very little. I got super sick the day of and insisted we attend, contagious and all. Im pretty sure I spent the whole time in the arms of my dad or on the floor of the arena. Although lame, i bet I still enjoyed it! Hey you better believe I played the sickly card and scored an 2XL Tshirt of George on a Horse as a souvenir! made it all worth it. whoop woo... I've got to see him again.
Oh and Ive already talked to Kyle about this. I just felt like it was fair of him to know that if George happens to fall back on the "market" that I just cannot let the opportunity of a lifetime pass right before my eyes. I would still "Run, cut a path across the blue sky. Straight, in a straight line" right to the little white church to meet George. Kyle's response, "I totally understand! I will gladly step aside!" dadgumit. dont let me forget how sweet he is. I shouldnt run away from a guy with that adorable of a response... but sorry about your luck, I would "cross my heart and promise to..." marry George today. easy.
my thoughts:
- I want to watch the Bama game with my family since i wasnt able to last week. blog post to update you on that later - but I love George with all my heart - That Penn State Game. Its is going to be a good one and its on TV. I need to check up on my boys - what if George dies before I get to see him again? - I could DVR the game and NOT talk to anyone all the way home. To me, the game would be live. - Tickets are expensive and I dont really want to ask anyone to pay that much to join little ol' giddy me. not many share the same infatuation - about the tickets! I just dont want to end up getting scammed on Craigslist over this. when I could watch the Bama game on HD w/ surround sound next to my favorite people in the world - but Wranglers on this guy singing strait to my heart?!
Alright. cant take it anymore... Im throwing in the towel with absolutely NO progress on decision making. dang it.
[April, WARNING: Im about to ruin the end of a story! Dont look!]
Ill just tell you to save us all time and heartache,
I will LOVE what I do and MISS what I dont. Good night.





Post a Comment