Wednesday, September 29, 2010

dreamin'

Libby Dreamin' Barker. thats got a good ring to it, right? dont you lie to me. I'll believe that til the day I die that "a dream is a wish you heart makes." I cant help it! I must have been born with double the alloted amount of imagination for one human being. bless my sweet parents for loving me despite

Guess I could blame my infatuation with the movie Cinderella when I was young (and old..)?
Although I was rough around the edges, I wanted to wear a blue satin dress everyday of my life and pretend one day, a prince would sweep me off my feet to dance the night away and spend the rest of our lives happily ever after. Yeah, um... about that, someone needed to tell that uncontrollably curly-headed blonde, 4yr old that the road to get to that might be a little bumpy...

Or guess it couldve been my extreme desire to be a real cowgirl? I wore pink, rhinestoned boots everyday (with the Cinderella dress, duh!), loved the movie Pure Country and my first crush was George Strait back in the "boys-have-cooties" days!

Bahahaha.. I love when I out loud laugh at my own comments, What am I talking about? pretty sure I never thought boys had cooties. never ever have I ever thought that for one second, well except for Matt Bowling. but I wasnt that girl, I like 'em. we were made to! But the fact I thought I could marry a man twice(three!) times my age is a little bit on the drastically dreaming side. whoops.

To shoot me out of the sky, the real reason for this "disease" is because my parents never ever stopped me! They let me fly as high as I wanted, waved at me with love from the ground and supported me past every cloud. I am so thankful for that freedom and all those opportunities. Basically, they are saints for raising this free-spirited middle child... Have I mentioned how wonderfully great they are? I dont say that enough.

just some random Libby dreamin' for you:


This House. I could go on and on about the things I love about it. The historic-ness, the gate, the driveway, the land, the columns, the distance off the road, the chimneys...

yeah, the photo isnt so great but for still driving, I'd say thats not bad



Libby Barker Photography. cant even tell you how I dreamed this one up... but at the ripe ol' age of 22, I gots myself a business license.... and a website launching this week. Cah-razy.

Speaking of photography, uh hum... anyone notice anything new about Jasper? no? well, no big deal... its just a small little detail... not anything really... just A BRAND NEW LENS!!!! a Canon 50mm f/1.4 EF Telephoto Lens, baby. I cannot wait to play with this in the day time!

Jasper and I love our newest addition to the LBP. family, its gonna be perfect for portraits and detail shots. See how incredibly blurry everything is BUT the lens in the photo? Yeah, thats why this little guy rocks, its why I bought him. Not to get all technical on you, but its because he has a crazy low f-stop #... therefore, the better depth of field (aka blurriness). bingo. money in tha bank! well, OUT of the bank but it will pay off.







That I could LOVE this shot any more than I already do. Its not possible... well, unless there was a train on the track above, maybe









One day, I wont have to take <--this in order to sleep! Stupid mono. Today, I am convinced Satan started the mono virus! I was absolutely wiped by the end of today. My body said "get me to a nap, stat." By the time I was between the sheets, my stupid brain wouldnt slow down enough to relax... I laid there and tried all the sleep tricks. I couldnt even move my muscles to get out of the bed to seek other remedies... so I continued to lay there. one hour turned into two...brain running 100mph. so I just let my "physical" body rest while my brain thought of everything in the entire world to think of...baby names... will be blogging then?... what will my blog look like?... where will I live?... what will Lanie's kids names be?... maybe we will live next door to each other...cant wait to see Wade in the future... yeah, all of THAT was rattling back in forth in my head. So, once again tonight, I will drift away to sleepville where I will have even crazier dreams thanks to Tylenol PM. I just be myself!!! good grief. but ONE DAY, my ability to self-sooth will return and I cant wait.


To quote the infamous Gary Hale, "I say all that to say this" - Im 22yrs old and havent stopped dreaming since May 6, 1988. Its probably why my brain cant slow down! If I could still fit in that blue satin dress, I would! Id be wear it right now with all the pride in the world. I'd even wear it to grad school...

and at 22, Libby Dreamin' Barker has learned to trust in a God who continues to take her dreams and make them more magical than she ever could've! now thats a happily ever after right there, I dont care who you are.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" Eph 3:20-21

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...