Thursday, September 23, 2010

update

"REST is a good thing" is how the song goes, right? If it did, It would totally be the anthem to my road to recovery. Mainly cause its the only thing I can DO! Can you tell I am not bitter at all? This has just been more frustrating than I would prefer. If you know me, I have this weird way of being a complete balance of free-as-a-bird and gotta-take-control, its odd. But if ever my free-as-a-bird should kick in, shouldn't it be now? ohh.... oooffff course noot. that would make life too simple.
I just haven't particularly loved the idea of completely flipping my lifestyle and schedule upside-down, backwards and in slow-motion for the POSSIBLE chance I will recover of this "incurable" disease... oh pah-lease. I've been waaaay worse. I can name 3 times off the top of my head... 6th grade Bronchitis/Pneumonia, the 15x I had strep in high school or my 6 month ACL rehabilitation. this is like eating cake! (speaking of Mary Morgan.. her and her KitchenAid Mixer, Loretta, make magic happen in our kitchen, for that I am so thankful! The cake tonight made me moan out loud, I am not even ashamed to admit that!!! It was so dadgum fluffy, I almost died!) I have to make preventative decisions, like resting in my room for 12 solid hours because I hope its best. I dont even think I can explain it... it is just weird.
Let me share another something: I feel shunned by society. drastic? ok, maybe but Im not sure if my actual description could even do my unpleasant feeling justice.
I almost wish I wouldn't have blogged about it then maybe being around people could be my own discretion, not that of everyone's fears. I mean, Obviously, no one wants to contract mono but seriously people, I do not have leprosy! It is NOT airborne, I basically have to spit straight in your mouth or share a drink to pass it on. Dont worry, I wont try either of those... mono or not!
On a more important note, I am so very thankful for those people who have stepped into the "danger zone", cared for me or called to check up during all of this. I hope to show my appreciation with tons of energy as soon as possible! First, Mom, you're the greatest of all time. i probably would be dead on the side of the interstate without you, that is true statement!
In conclusion, rest is doing this body good. I am starting to feel like myself again. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I guess. I wouldnt know! this slow, chunky girl rarely won. Pretty sure there was a time in high school basketball conditioning where I recognized the backside of Lanie better, thats all I saw from 1/2 a lap behind!
Good night. enough ranting for this basket case, just felt you deserved an update! Headed to bed to enjoy some TylenolPM-induced dreams that are sure to add plenty of craziness to my story. gahreat.

P.S. Elizabeth Yokley, props for officially documenting the only photo taken of mono-Libby. You were just so sweet and excited to see me alive I couldnt turn down a photo request! Love you for that. Still cant believe I am posting it on my blog .. guess thats just how much I cant wait to be friends again!

Post a Comment

1 comments:

Lanie said...

SO sorry you're sick. Selfishly, I am enjoying the blogging fruits of your being closed up in the house condition. I hope you are over the hump and feeling a bit better each day. You know God has funny ways of teaching us things like patience, control, timing, etc. Hope you are able to grow dramatically through this less than ideal situation.

Btw, if we were to run now, you would still see my back side... but it would be because I was face down on the ground unconscious. We went on a walk yesterday and it was about all I could do. Sad, I know.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...