If you didnt know already... Kyle, Wade and I were in Chicago this weekend! Kyle has been a Cubs fan his whole life... and never been to Wrigley Field. So... for his birthday (which isnt until May, but this weekend worked), we drove up for the Saturday afternoon game vs. the Dodgers!
Lets start from the beginning...
Thursday night, we went ahead and knocked out part of the driving. We drove to my Mo-mo's house in Paducah, KY. I loved that we got to incorporate that into our trip. Mo-mo loves having visitors... and is a huge Kyle fan ;). Then, Friday morning... she cooked us a delicious breakfast and we hit the road! ... but so did the rain. As I summarize our trip for you, you will realize a common theme... driving + us = rain. I dont know why ... but everytime we went to travel ... it poured.
anyways... in order to let a nasty storm blow over, we made our first random pit stop at Amishland!
It was a huge warehouse that sold homemade furniture, as well as various antique booths. It was good to be able to walk our legs out a little and waste 30min. When I was skeptical about making the stop, the boys said, "When are you ever going to be able to say you went to Amishland ever again?" oh.. alright, its hard to turn down a challenge like that.
After piddling for a bit, we are back on the road... set to make it to Chicago in 2 hours. As we were driving to our hotel... we realize that we are smack dab in the middle of it all. Not kidding... we were 1 block away from a shopper's dream street. Good thing Kyle was driving cause I was like, "oh.. OH.. oh OHHH look!"
Those are just the ones I could snap a photo of between the changing of lights, pedestrians and pouring down rain.
We checked into our hotel... dropped our stuff off... freshened up a little (well I did, the boys didnt care too much) ... and went out to walk around the city and eventually, eat some dinner!
The weather was no supposed to be very favorable Friday night, we knew that! It was forecasted to be chilly and rainy... We got all bundled up... however, it didnt matter cause the wind blew our umbrellas inside out, the rain was blowing sideways so we were getting wet anyways... So our plan to eat dinner got bumped up on the schedule!
We went to Giordano's cause we had heard good things and they were famous for their Chicago Style Stuffed Pizza!
The wait was an 1.5 hours and 30 min into your wait, you go ahead and order the pizza so it has time to bake! Since it is like a freakin' lasagna! It was PACKED with people. Granted... it was raining and cold outside so everyone was standing in that small lobby space. But my claustrophobia was starting to surface, thats for sure!
The wait was TOTALLY worth it though!
It was sooo soo soo soo good... I was having to hold back my audible noises of enjoyment!
a layer of pastry-like crust, a layer of toppings, 1/2in thick Mozzarella cheese, sauce, then more toppings... oh my... it was life-changing! It took everything in us to make a dent in this pizza. Whew... It was so delicious but oh so filling! We were happy with our choice!
We were planning to walk around the city for a bit after dinner...
so we went to a few stores but it was absolutely nasty cold ... and our umbrella broke...
... annnd the Predators were playing!
I was totally into the game... until my eyes closed... hehe. I was just exhausted and I knew the next day would be busy... but once the Preds scored the winning goal in OT, Kyle picked me up and tossed me out of excitement. Not my most favorite to be woken up ... but I was glad the Preds got a big win!
Credit goes to Mr. Kegley for turning me into a Preds & Cubs fan! Hey, I will take it. At least we get to cheer together for something cause since college football is forever out of the question.
Great 1st day in the Windy City... but we were even more excited about the next day! Off to a photo shoot if the TN rain holds off... so I will post day #2: Wrigley Field when I get home!















Post a Comment