Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Saturday in Chicago!

Now it is Saturday in Chicago... aka game day! We woke up about 7am and got ready for the day! Packed up all our stuff, put it in our car, left the car in valet and headed out! We walked about 3 blocks to the Train Station... and what do you know-- The boys spotted the "golden arches"! So we stopped in for breakfast before we headed north. 
It was Kyle & Wade's first time on a train/subway!
I had rode it all over Europe a few years ago so I kinda felt experienced enough to explain it all. We rode the train north to Addison... as well as half the Chicago Cubs fans! It probably wasn't the best 1st experience on a train for the two of them seeing as there was only about 2in of personal space. Luckily we only had 5 stops. It was so nice that we were dropped off right in front of the field! perfect
I cannot even explain the feeling I had when I saw him see the front of Wrigley Field for the first time. It was so special to be able to share this with him!
Wade was such a great photographer on this trip! I was so thankful and proud!
right where I want to be... squeezed in between two of my favorite people in this entire world!
I'll edit those people out one day when I get the time.
This right here is his actual reaction to seeing the field for the first time ever! He didnt know I was shooting. How precious is that?
After nasty weather the night before, we were so thankful for a gorgeous day for baseball!
Not kidding when I say he didnt stop smiling the whole day! He was so into the game, he even kept a playbook!
sweet.... boy....
We each indulged in a authentic Vienna Beef Hot Dog cooked to perfection... Yummm!

7th Inning stretch singing of "Take Me Out To the Ballgame" by Arcade Fire
This was the game winning hit! I didnt even know until I got back to our seat and Kyle said, "Did you get THAT?"
Wadely, Thank you so much for joining us! We loved every bit of you being there. Love you!

 
The Cubs WON! They came back in the 8th inning to win 10-8.  Couldnt have been a better day at Wrigley Field!  so thankful

So we hop on the south bound train... back into the city... got in the car and headed south to KY!
Remember when I told you about every time we got in the car ? Yeah, it poured! This photo was taken not too long before we had to take a break under a gas station covering. It was THAT bad!
finally caught a photo of lightning... and it only took me 6hrs! ;)
reasons I love my brother. He knew that pretending to "clean the windows" would make me die laughing! and it did.
This trip will go down in the history books!  It was jammed packed of memories I hope I never forget. Thank goodness for cameras! Thats why I love them so much... I was able to capture those moments that my heart loved so much... just so that in years to come, I can look back and experience it over and over again!! 

Happy Birthday Kyle! You deserve every bit of this... and more! Thank you for agreeing to my "crazy" birthday weekend plan. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect weekend.  Oh and... I dont think there is any way in the world I could top this... So I apologize in advance for your next birthday being spent at Chuy's! Love you, honey.

Post a Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...